Ok, I messed up with the message at first. Here it is again.

A bit fast piece I did a while back. I really like it. I have the lyrics too, if someone's interested.
Attachments:
alert_signal.zip
Quote by January85
Ok, I messed up with the message at first. Here it is again.

A bit fast piece I did a while back. I really like it. I have the lyrics too, if someone's interested.

Nice.

I liked the riffs at bar 10 and bar 66. The solo was really good and fitted nicely with the chords.

I liked the difference you had behind the two guitars, but bass was a bit boring.

Drums were pretty straight forward, nothing really good or really bad.

Vocals fit well, and so did bar 86 where one guitar drops out.
I know it's thrash but, maybe some kind of shout could fit over that.

Overall very good.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1083294
Yeah, I agree about the bass. I don't play bass, so that's kinda gray area for me. I know, excuses, excuses...

The most interesting part with the drums must be at 94. But mostly, as you said, straight forward. I guess I concentrated too much to the guitars... because that's where this song started. I just did that bass and drums out of the way. Any ideas there would be appreciated... although I think I can figure out something myself too.

That scream would be awesome... but done with actual singer. In guitar pro that's not gonna play out that well.
This was really good. But thrash metal? Most of it sounded like something ... far superior to thrash metal.

The song had a great rhythm, and all the lead bits were great, particularly at the end of the verse, and throughout the chorus. There was some great riffage in the interlude. Then the nice melodic bits there were great. And the solo was great too. In fact I can't think of any criticisms at all. The whole song was really pretty damn awesome throughout.

And the bass wasn't boring, I thought it was quite good.

(If this merits C4C, link is in sig.)
There's certainly some thrash influence (especially in that badass main riff), but as a whole, I think the song incorporates many other styles and such to create something more progressive and unique.

-I really like all the sort of lead work and overlapping guitar parts you incorporate throughout the song, makes for an interesting listen.
-Bars 58-60 I like a lot, they transition very well into the chorus, which is epic. Great guitar parts and vocal melodies.
-I like that there many different variations on the same main riff, it allows for a certain amount of repetition without getting dull or boring.
-Bar 137, nice conclusion to the solo. XD
-Good outro, strong ending.

The only thing I'm not really sure I like is how the vocals are done with the Jazz Guitar, doesn't capture what I'm assuming is a more powerful vocal delivery. But it's Guitar Pro, so what can really do about it? lol.

Good song.
Last edited by AA00P at Mar 11, 2009,
Thanks!

I really gotta try and listen that your song thru tonight.

This song actually started growing of that riff at measure 86. It's like a ****ing ancient riff. I think I wrote that riff maybe in 2000 and there was some riffs with it... maybe that's why I never gave it a chance because it just sounded so bad. Then I started listening it again one day, scratched the ****ty parts and started building crap around it.

BTW: here are the lyrics:

ALERT SIGNAL

This time I've ran too far, too carelessly.
What gain is worth this inquiry.
Warning - residents of mind;
Warning - surrender now and go... away!

This time the venom's too deep in.
The hand of predator is near.
Warning - end your battle chant!
Warning - surrender now and go!

Time dies and reason holds me.
No cover from a lonely day.
Citadel of hope distant away.

Portret of power allures me.
No cover from a lonely night.
I must believe and disappear.

Enemy of spirit grows within.
It is the mouth of all betray.
Warning - residents of mind;
Warning - surrender now and go... away!

Disguised living under the symphony
coverd in all your lust and hate.
Warning - the messenger must die!
Warning - surrender now and go!

Time dies and reason holds me.
No cover from a lonely day.
Citadel of hope distant away.

Portret of power allures me.
No cover from a lonely night.
I must believe and disappear.

--------

The song is about how people should sometimes stop from listening their minds and the idle negative blabber that goes around every now and then. It can really make your life ****.
Last edited by January85 at Mar 11, 2009,
Wow, i really like the chorus. I wouldn't say it is thrash metal...more like power metal. The chorus has to be the high point of this for me, as it should be. Anyway, i guess i'll give the rest a crit now.

Intro/Verse: quite good, however it is repeated too many times and becomes a bit tedious. Bar 10-17 remind me of Megadeth. I don't think the clean guitar fits in very well with the riffing in the verse.
I've already mentioned the awesomeness of the chorus...
Interlude: Nice contrast between the previous sections. Kinda proggy like Angra or Dream Theater.
Solo: Awesome, very thrashy.
Great ending! Abrupt, but at the same time expected, with the use of rests.

I suppose i've metioned just about all the sections in some way in there...

One more thing; the rhythm guitar is great. The intricate chord work keeps it interesting eg, bar 10-17

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091575
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Mar 23, 2009,