I'm making a trade tonight. I read a lot of reviews and I mean alot. Is this a fair trade..... I'm trading my Randall RM100 head with four pre-amp modules (Clean, Plexi, Sl+ and XTC) for his Mesa Dual Rectifier Trem-O-Verb, is this a good trade? Fair? What can you tell me about the Mesa that I haven't already read? I had a couple good tube heads before (Randall RM100, Marshall JTM60 and another one not worth mentioning) how does the Mesa stack up?

I play modern to hard rock. A sample of my band can be heard at www.myspace.com/tusoun to give you an idea of my sound. I use an ESP LTD Deluxe EC1000 with EMG 81/60. I have an Avatar 1X12 extension cab with a Vintage 30 in it. I listened to clips of the Mesa on youtube, from what I heard I liked. The other guitarist in my band uses a Carvin Legacy with a Ibanez Jem, how would our amps mesh?

I'm looking for a crystal clear, spring water clean for channel one and a modern rock rhythm, to bone crushing chugga chugga rhythm to an violin-esque overdrive lead. Can the Mesa handle me needs?

Some influences are; Audioslave, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Disturbed, Collective Soul, Creed, Crossfade, Fuel, HIM, 3 Doors Down, Live, Nickelback, Oasis, Puddle of Mudd, Sevendust, Smile Empty Soul, Staind, Pearl Jam, Seether, Our Lady Peace, Better Than Ezra, Default, Matthew Good, Altar Bridge, Oleander, Nickelback, GNR, Theory of a Deadman, Day of Fire, Mayfield Four, July for Kings, Seven Mary Three, Third Eye Blind, Sixx AM and many more.

Is the Mesa right for me? Thanks for the help.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Play it and if you like it better than your Randall trade. We can't decide what kind of tones you'd like.

yeah...

you seem to be at a point where you`re dealing with all high end amps so it`s about preference really not quality....because it`s not like his mesa is any better or he wouldn`t be trading you for it...
███████████████████████████████████
Not speaking spefically in tonewise, but value/fairness wise. Although I hear that the Trem-O-Verb has one of the best cleans in the Mesa family and the distortion is better than the single and dual rects.
Quote by mwalluk
Not speaking spefically in tonewise, but value/fairness wise. Although I hear that the Trem-O-Verb has one of the best cleans in the Mesa family and the distortion is better than the single and dual rects.

well it's a damn fine amp son.
its a great amp that will nail alot of the tones for the bands you like. however, its a very fair trade, but its up to you if its worth it.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
When I tried the Duel Rect, I hated it. I would keep the RM100 personally, but Ive been looking for one for a while.. soo...
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Make a NAD thread
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
MAde the trade tonight, so far so good. Happy with it. Clean channel is amazing. Great condition. Distortion is good even better with the OD pedal I have.
My next question is I'm selling my Epi should I get an Esp Ec400 w/ JB59 or a Schecter C/Sh-1 semihollow body with Pearly Gates and JB?