Hi all. Was hoping to build my own amp, and I googled it and found Torres Amp Kits. One of them looks like a Fender Blues, so I was thinking I'd go for it. What have you all heard about them?
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
I ordered their boogie mite kit 3 years ago. When I got it the directions were wrong, it was missing valves, a transformer, the chassis, some capacitors, and several resistors. I spent hrs on the phone with them trying to get instruction with the proper colour coding and get them to send me all the parts but they never did. So 3 years later I still haven't got my kit. From what I understand this is a very common problem with Torres. I even dealt with Dan Torres directly which makes me feel like the owner of the company deliberately lied to me and stole my money.

In other words I wouldn't recommend one of their kits.
Not taking any online orders.
I had a similar experience. Stay away!
Some more reputable places to look at might be:
Ceriatone
Weber
Allen
Guytronix
Mission
Tubedepot
All of these have varying levels of instructions and help available, so make sure you check before you buy to make sure you'll get the help you need if you're new to these. The best by far is Allen Amps, who gives free email support and if you really get stuck you can send your amp in and have David sort it out for the price of shipping, unless you've really screwed the amp up.
The reviews for torres are all pretty much terrible. Im not sure how the guy stays in business.
That's really good to know. I appreciate all of your guys' advice. It looks so appealing on his site, but jeeze.
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!