Can it slow down songs without affecting the pitch?
I know some tascam stuff is especially designed to do this to help transcribe solos and stuff but i was just wondering if cubase has the same feature?
No but audacity does.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
on the transport bar, change the tempo marker to "fixed" to change the tempo of the whole song, and then change the tempo number (I think the default is something like 120)

If you just want to change the solo section, then remember the tempo number, click the tempo marker to "track" and then change the number to the original one. Then you need to go into the tempo track option (i think it's control T, cant remember) and draw in the tempo change there.

EDIT: I know this works with songs in midi, but it might not work if they're actual sound clips, not sure as I don't have cubase on here.
Last edited by Aleene at Mar 9, 2009,
I don't think you could do that in SX3... adjusting the tempo of audio on the transport bar. That was brought in with Cubase 4.

@TS - SX3 was replaced by Cubase 4 two years ago. How is it that you are still stuck with SX3, and yet two years of experience with this program, you don't know the features?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by professorlamp
Can it slow down songs without affecting the pitch?
I know some tascam stuff is especially designed to do this

yeah, tascam is the only company that figured out how to do it
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Cubase 4 and 5 do it.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I'm pretty sure it does. It has a tempo shift, and I'm fairly sure it doesn't alter pitch.