It seems to me that arguing a point or having a discussion about a topic amongst friends and family is a great way of learning and understanding.

However I have come to acknowledge some people find themselves incapable of having a discussion without it becoming a 'heated' argument where things can get personal.

For people that can not debate something and learn another view on something I think they are the most closed minded people ever.

Even worse they are the ones to tell you, you are argumentative, when really all I want is an understanding or another's view or a conversation.

Some people I know, I can talk to for hours about music, food or sport for instance and voice our opinions strongly and at the end of it all we'll buy each other a pint and have a laugh.

So this is a rant to tell of those stupid pissy C*nts to grow a pair!

Does anyone else find this annoying amongst group talks or conversations?

Rant over

tl;dr: What is your opinion on people who can not handle conversations or debate?

(By the way I do not expect any serious answers from the pit, so please, just do what you monkeys normally do)
Last edited by SuperJoop at Mar 9, 2009,
"Does anyone else find this annoying?" = most overused phrase on here. If you want to rant, put it in your blog.
Quote by rigiddigits
"Does anyone else find this annoying?" = most overused phrase on here. If you want to rant, put it in your blog.

That or 'Any similar stories?'.
Yeah, I understand what you mean. For some people, it's not even that they're defending their viewpoint, they just have some need to always be right in every argument, and if they are proven wrong, they just get pissed off. I find it annoying and unfortunately know way too many people like that.
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter Omen 6
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 40W

Exp0_ my solo project. Check it out here!
Quote by Scope9990
Yeah, I understand what you mean. For some people, it's not even that they're defending their viewpoint, they just have some need to always be right in every argument, and if they are proven wrong, they just get pissed off. I find it annoying and unfortunately know way too many people like that.

Thank god. A logical and sensible reply.

Yes there lots of people like this.

Finding people who are intelligent thinkers is very hard it seems.
I think Laces Out Danny's thread on morality and pro-creation is a perfect example of this, ignorant people came in by the bucketload and flamed and it was clear they hadn't bothered to understand the argument (despite me outlining it perfectly and getting no genuine rebuttles at all). It really annoyed me. Though I do love a good discussion when it goes well.
Quote by rigiddigits

I thought this thread would be more appropriate to the pit since, literally 24/7 members will argue with each other over every subject under the sun.

Understanding arguments seems to be a left out lesson taught by parents, schools and such.
Quote by CoreysMonster
and "What do you think of this?"

And "Roar, i'm a monkey man, fear me!"
Quote by SuperJoop
It seems to me that arguing a point or having a discussion about a topic amongst friends and family is a great way of learning and understanding.

However I have come to acknowledge some people find themselves incapable of having a discussion without it becoming a 'heated' argument where things can get personal.

For people that can not debate something and learn another view on something I think they are the most closed minded people ever.

Even worse they are the ones to tell you, you are argumentative, when really all I want is an understanding or another's view or a conversation.

Some people I know, I can talk to for hours about music, food or sport for instance and voice our opinions strongly and at the end of it all we'll buy each other a pint and have a laugh.

So this is a rant to tell of those stupid pissy C*nts to grow a pair!

Does anyone else find this annoying amongst group talks or conversations?

Rant over

tl;dr: What is your opinion on people who can not handle conversations or debate?

(By the way I do not expect any serious answers from the pit, so please, just do what you monkeys normally do)

Dude, I agree with every single word you said!
Quote by CoreysMonster
and "What do you think of this?"

And "so I just broke into my own house".
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
And "so I just broke into my own house".

And "Kensai, you are God"

... What?
i can see what you mean.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."