Page 1 of 2
yeah i just saw this bullshit on the news.. what a joke.
Youtube is getting kinda ****ed these days.....all the rules C`mon
edit: damn I need to chance my avatar its exactly the same as the one above me
Hey google. You realise that people only go to your site to watch those things right? The videos of Cats falling over and sxephil's ****ty news show aren't going to keep the cheques rolling in.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Booo, hissss.
I don't watch music videos much these days.
Ah well, it will be a shame for loads.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Hey google. You realise that people only go to your site to watch those things right? The videos of Cats falling over and sxephil's ****ty news show aren't going to keep the cheques rolling in.

Yeah, they put Youtube under pressure over revenue, but then cut out the videos which bring them probably the most money, from a country packed with people who own computers.

*thinks it through*

*thinks it through*

*brain haemorrage*
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I blame PRS for trying to squeeze more money from Youtube in the 1st place, I'm a preforming musican and I hate PRS.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Its stupid if they take music away what next game footage on reviews all brands to be removed i prety much only use youtube for music so ill go elsewere. Youtube will see hits fall and advertisers pull out and will be forced to bring them back. Its eversince google took over
read this

We have invested a lot of time and effort trying to ensure that our community can find and enjoy the music they love, and we have strong partnerships with three of the four largest record labels in...

Three of the largest record companys well thats great coz theres only a few hundred record companys.
Lots of time and effort well thts nice you could have just i duno not boverd coz nobody thinks this is a good move idiots
Quote by Ur all $h1t

I would prefer youtube to be almost entirely independent videos.
Quote by JamesFender
read this

We have invested a lot of time and effort trying to ensure that our community can find and enjoy the music they love, and we have strong partnerships with three of the four largest record labels in...

Three of the largest record companys well thats great coz theres only a few hundred record companys.
Lots of time and effort well thts nice you could have just i duno not boverd coz nobody thinks this is a good move idiots

lol, EMI, Universal, AOLtimewarner and SONY are the four big companies and they are HUGE, there are no other record companies that even approach them. All the record companies you're thinking of are owned by one of those four companies.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by bendystraw
I would prefer youtube to be almost entirely independent videos.

I'd like independent videos to stop sucking so much balls.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
YouTube gets most of its traffic from people looking up songs. This'll actually increase illegal downloading too, because if you can't listen to a song through on youtube, how else are you going to sample it?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
This is retarded, we won't even be able to watch artist videos on their own web pages because most of those are embedded youtube videos.

Someone in the PRS didn't think this through.

Down with copyright.
Quote by break-me-in
YouTube gets most of its traffic from people looking up songs. This'll actually increase illegal downloading too, because if you can't listen to a song through on youtube, how else are you going to sample it?

Exactly. I know plenty of bands that I've listened to on youtube and subsequently bought their albums. One band I like had all their songs taken down so I just torrented the album. If their songs had been up on Youtube I may have just listened to them and then went out to buy the album if I liked what I heard.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by freedoms_stain
This is retarded, we won't even be able to watch artist videos on their own web pages because most of those are embedded youtube videos.

Someone in the PRS didn't think this through.

Down with copyright.

I'll bet you good money it's google that are being unreasonable.
Quote by bendystraw

*yawn*
There is some good independent content, but the amount of putrid ****e is so much greater. That video was an example of ****e.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkgMbU-we1o
That's better.
...Oh look, it's not independent
Quote by meh!

Lol @ Scottish money being good money.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Mar 9, 2009,
Quote by meh!

I'll add to that bet. It seemed like PRS were against this, judging by the article.

As Break-me-in said, this will even increase piracy, odd, how they're trying to do everything they can to prevent it, but have now given us a great excuse for illegal downloading.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by meh!
I doubt it tbh, licensing deals in the UK are ridiculous, it's because of the greed of these licenses the UK doesn't have pandora any more, It's unreasonable to expect a licensing fee that renders a service unsustainable, particularly when it's granting you free hosting space and advertising.
This is POINTLESS, Companies like Youtube get f**ked over having music videos cause the PRS are money hungry d**kheads, if this rule is implemented what do you think will happen? People will go straight to the other 10000000 music video streaming sites and we can go on with our lives.

It'd just save us all the trouble if the PRS wasn't such assholes and let us go about our days since Youtube is probably the fastest and stablest video site.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I doubt it tbh, licensing deals in the UK are ridiculous, it's because of the greed of these licenses the UK doesn't have pandora any more, It's unreasonable to expect a licensing fee that renders a service unsustainable, particularly when it's granting you free hosting space and advertising.

The PRS's job is to secure the money that its members deserve, what else is it supposed to do? This is people's incomes and pensions we're talking about. I don't care about the big stars and that but there are thousands of musicians who need the money that comes from organisations like the PRS and the MCPS
Quote by meh!
The PRS's job is to secure the money that its members deserve, what else is it supposed to do? This is people's incomes and pensions we're talking about. I don't care about the big stars and that but there are thousands of musicians who need the money that comes from organisations like the PRS and the MCPS
I know, but what strikes me as odd is how youtube can agree fair licensing deals abroad but not here, and it's not just youtube, it's other services too, services which also run in other countries with agreed fair licensing in place. Makes me wonder why.

Youtube doesn't force anyone to use its services either, it's voluntary and free to use. If you didn't add the content, DMCA it.
this is annoying. but PRS shouldn't have tried to gt soo much money out of them
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Does this mean the end of the Rick Roll? I feel both happy and sad for that fact.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by duggyrocks
Whens this going to take effect from?

Also, anyone else stupid enough to go straight to youtube and type in "beyonce"? I know I was

I searched Hendrix (get some taste boy, yes I know it was the video in the picture but still)

And how will this work? Will it block videos from certain users or what?
Page 1 of 2