Page 3 of 4
Quote by Yngwi3
*saliva slowly drips down cheek* xD

Yea, bare amounts of money though (sly necro bump)

Also, I have new clips up, had time now to run in decent tones with the VH4. Admitidly it's not what I personally would have the amp as, but in terms of imitating the tones of who I'm covering, I think they're pretty bitchin. Check em out and see what you think.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Awesome I will do - I don't think necrobumping this kind of thread matters...does it? idk

My band just finished recording our first 3 track EP, where the Peavey and Diezel will actually sound good in stereo I'll be sure to do some shameless self advertising after we have it uploaded and available for download
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I cant see a necrobump being bad on THE Diezel thread, if it were just a Nad or somthing then id think it would be ban hammers at dawn!

So we all getting along with our Diezels then hmm?

I was thinking about trading my Einy for somthing 3 channel but then when I thought about it properly I just cant walk away from the Texas and lead channels.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by halikus
I was thinking about trading my Einy for somthing 3 channel but then when I thought about it properly I just cant walk away from the Texas and lead channels.

Yeah they are truly awesome, *although* I wouldn't hesitate to change (somehow) my Einy for a Herbert for a second
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Herbert + Diezel FR 2x12 loaded with Gk12-100 and a V30 all tolexed in white please!
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by Ippon

Ugly.

My Herbert looks way more hawt than that thing; still - Pretty cool, but Diezel has improved the design since the first ones, I can't imagine this one sounding better, the only reason it's desirable is because it's the first one

Oh well, I'm sure someone on RT will buy Brad's amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Ugly.

My Herbert looks way more hawt than that thing; still - Pretty cool, but Diezel has improved the design since the first ones, I can't imagine this one sounding better, the only reason it's desirable is because it's the first one

Oh well, I'm sure someone on RT will buy Brad's amp.

agreed. the herbert (and vh4 for that matter) has gone through so many damn design changes over the years that the current amps are like a distant cousin to the originals, and judging by the ones i've played most recently, they've only gotten better.

#1 is kinda' cool though
the guy selling it must be counting on the serial # for the WOW COOL factor... way overpriced imo.
I'll stick with my Cornford.
Actually... I wouldn't mind a Diezel too!
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

I have a vh4 and I'm shopping for cabs to play through. Despite the large chunk of money I threw down on the head, I don't have an ass ton to get cabs with. I play in a 3-piece prog. metal band and I'm looking for 2 cabs to fill up the stage sound that will keep channel 3 nice and chunky and channel 1 clear and warm.

I asked the diezel forum on rig talk and they, of course, suggested diezel cabs. I'm not really looking to spend 3000 dollars, as that would take me a couple more months to feel okay spending, and I need the cabs relatively soon. What do you guys play through? pros/cons?
Dunno why I've never posted a rig pic in here.

Quote by afortuneinlies
I have a vh4 and I'm shopping for cabs to play through. Despite the large chunk of money I threw down on the head, I don't have an ass ton to get cabs with. I play in a 3-piece prog. metal band and I'm looking for 2 cabs to fill up the stage sound that will keep channel 3 nice and chunky and channel 1 clear and warm.

I asked the diezel forum on rig talk and they, of course, suggested diezel cabs. I'm not really looking to spend 3000 dollars, as that would take me a couple more months to feel okay spending, and I need the cabs relatively soon. What do you guys play through? pros/cons?

The Diezel cab is just a good match. Got mine for $750 shipped on eBay. The Bogner Uberkab is also supposed to sound great with it. Then there's the standard Mesa, Mills, Orange, etc. That are tried and true.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by afortuneinlies

If you don't mind going the custom route, Emperor cabinets are brilliant. They're not nearly as expensive as Diezel. You can choose what speakers you like to install, but the cheapest option would be the stock Weber 65 they use. It's Weber's take on the Celestion G12-65, a great all round speaker.

However, if you want something with more cutting presence, a Splawn cabinet with K100's and Vintage 30's in an 'X' pattern would be the best. It won't be particularly cheap but it at least won't be $3000, and you can customize the tolex to match the VH4, unlike the Emperor.

Avatar make decent cabinets as well.

The other cabinet company that many, many Diezel users go for is Mills Acoustics. They speciliaze in cabinets with K100's and Vintage 30's placed in an 'X' pattern, and they are oversized like an Orange or an Emperor so the low-end is really quite impressive. The price isn't unreasonable.

The last two companies I'd suggest would be Fryette and Vader. They both are able to cope with the tightness of the VH4, and they look the part. You can find a Vader or Fryette cabinet for quite cheap second-hand. They don't hold their value as well as a Diezel cabient.
Quote by mmolteratx

The Diezel cab is just a good match. Got mine for $750 shipped on eBay. The Bogner Uberkab is also supposed to sound great with it. Then there's the standard Mesa, Mills, Orange, etc. That are tried and true.

Correct! The V30 X T75 combo.

I think Id kill a pack of homeless men with a stick and stapler for a Diezel.

No, I dont think. I know I would.
Quote by nickdohle
I think Id kill a pack of homeless men with a stick and stapler for a Diezel.

No, I dont think. I know I would.

We can kill them together if we both get Diezels bro.
Quote by Ippon
2008 Diezel VH4 ($2900) for West Coasters: https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/msg/4600336023.html

404 error.

My wife would kill me. I just bought anew guitar.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Two years later, and I would STILL kill a pack homeless men with a stick and a stapler for a Diezel.

Any Diezel fanatics know how rare the blue face VH4 is compared to the Silver face? I've been searching for one at the right price.

Also, why are there so few Diezel fans here on UG??
Quote by nickdohle
Two years later, and I would STILL kill a pack homeless men with a stick and a stapler for a Diezel.

Any Diezel fanatics know how rare the blue face VH4 is compared to the Silver face? I've been searching for one at the right price.

No one know of them.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by nickdohle
It's not particularly more rare.
A bit, yeah, but not particularly.

Also they are different amps - the blue faceplated one is stereo.
Quote by nickdohle
I don't much like how they sound

Also 311, what are you gonna go 'round saying now, that the standard grille on the bogner ubershall is better than the metal grille?
Damn what is the world coming to...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I would kill for a VH4.

I just don't care for the layout of the faceplate.

I am assuming Peter did that to get all those frickin pots in there.

The grills on the VH4 and Uber are fine by me.

Nick - try using the Cool Look Up link in my sig to find gear.
Quote by R45VT
No one can afford them.

Fixed.

I'd still really like to try a Hagen, but the only Diezel I'd buy again is an Einstein, if the price was right.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by nickdohle

The original Blue-face came with 6L6 tubes but the newer (limited run) ones were loaded with EL34BHTs and are the same as the Silver-face from 2011.

According to Peter Diezel (RT's Diezel forum), the original Blue had "less Presence" than the Silver. There have been a couple of revisions and the concensus is that the 2007-2010 models are hotter than the originals. Then there were tweaks from 2011.

Audition them and snag the one you like. Among the active VH4 owners, I believe LP_CL and I prefer the VH4 over the Herbert, which MatrixClaw swears by. I've rolled tubes on the Herbert and its low Mids and Bass are still too much.

Quote by Spambot_2
It's not particularly more rare.
A bit, yeah, but not particularly.

Also they are different amps - the blue faceplated one is stereo.
I don't much like how they sound

Also 311, what are you gonna go 'round saying now, that the standard grille on the bogner ubershall is better than the metal grille?
Damn what is the world coming to...

The stereo model is the VH4S.

The newer Uberschalls including the Twin Jet now come with the sexier Comet tolex but I prefer the aesthetics of the metal grill of the previous model.

Quote by Ippon
Audition them and snag the one you like. Among the active VH4 owners, I believe LP_CL and I prefer the VH4 over the Herbert, which MatrixClaw swears by. I've rolled tubes on the Herbert and its low Mids and Bass are still too much.

Ehhh... the Herbert was my dream amp for years, but once I finally bought one, I'd already bought and sold practically every other amp in existence, and the Herbert just didn't live up to the hype in my mind anymore. I agree with you, the low mids and bass are too much for me, as well - but I also don't think the VH4 is anything to write home about. A cool amp, but there's dozens of others that do similar tones for far less money IMO

The Hagen seems to be more up my alley, as it's kind of a cross between the Herbert and VH4, from what I've read. Something in the middle of those would be ideal for me, but I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on an amp anymore. If buying and selling tons of gear has taught me anything, it's that there's a cutoff where things become better and instead just become different.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Ehhh... the Herbert was my dream amp for years, but once I finally bought one, I'd already bought and sold practically every other amp in existence, and the Herbert just didn't live up to the hype in my mind anymore. I agree with you, the low mids and bass are too much for me, as well - but I also don't think the VH4 is anything to write home about. A cool amp, but there's dozens of others that do similar tones for far less money IMO

The Hagen seems to be more up my alley, as it's kind of a cross between the Herbert and VH4, from what I've read. Something in the middle of those would be ideal for me, but I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on an amp anymore. If buying and selling tons of gear has taught me anything, it's that there's a cutoff where things become better and instead just become different.

Same, although I still haven't tried the Krank which you like so much.

The Hagen is indeed sorta in-between the VH4 and Herbert; so, it lost the VH4's awesome channel 3. I liked the Einstein and need to try the Lil Fokker.

Edit: I think Matt's Hagen didn't last a month.
Last edited by Ippon at Aug 21, 2014,
Quote by Ippon
The stereo model is the VH4S.
Oop, sorry.
I'll be more careful next time.
Quote by Ippon
The newer Uberschalls including the Twin Jet now come with the sexier Comet tolex but I prefer the aesthetics of the metal grill of the previous model.
Damn I love that metal grille

Though it kinda feels like the PDK on a cayman vs whatever automatic transmission on whatever relatively cheap car - it's something not that special that costs a shit ton of many for what it is because it's an optional on an expensive product.

But if I had the money for such an amp, I'd get that grille whatever the cost.
Quote by MatrixClaw
I also don't think the VH4 is anything to write home about. A cool amp, but there's dozens of others that do similar tones for far less money IMO
Gimme the list!

I want a cheapish amp with the same clarity of a VH4.
Thing is, I think the transformers needed to get such clarity alone cost twice as my amp and cab together.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.