I need to go there this summer. On a scale of 1-10 how good is the nightlife, shops (especially musical ones) bars, food etc. Im hoping to not be bored.
6/10
Ultra Win
Quote by GnR_ROK

“A baby’s on the way.”

I could kick you in the stomach
And catch you unawares
I could swear to God you accidentally
Fell that flight of stairs
I remember Nova Scotia was on a Cheetos commercial one time. That instantly makes it an 8/10.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
While your there stop by a trailer park near dartmouth and party with the boys (im hoping someones gunna get this reference lol).
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
I live in Halifax, bro.
It depends what you like. The bars are good, even tho its not my scene. Theyre good because theres something for everyone, preppy, scuzzy, gay, metal, etc. And theres lots of them that are just good to sit and have a beer with your buddies.
Theres always rock and metal bands playing so if thats what you want, you wont hafta look hard.
For food, theres lots of great places, also depends what you want. Pizza places are everywhere, theres find-dining, Italian, Greek, Chinese, everything.
If you want to know anything else, feel free to message me, I work at a hotel so I could dirent you to many different things and places

Cheers
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
While your there stop by a trailer park near dartmouth and party with the boys (im hoping someones gunna get this reference lol).

Haha yeah for local celebs. Phil Collins, the fat dude, came to my place to buy a tele from me a few months back, lol.
Quote by SilverchairFan
I live in Halifax, bro.
It depends what you like. The bars are good, even tho its not my scene. Theyre good because theres something for everyone, preppy, scuzzy, gay, metal, etc. And theres lots of them that are just good to sit and have a beer with your buddies.
Theres always rock and metal bands playing so if thats what you want, you wont hafta look hard.
For food, theres lots of great places, also depends what you want. Pizza places are everywhere, theres find-dining, Italian, Greek, Chinese, everything.
If you want to know anything else, feel free to message me, I work at a hotel so I could dirent you to many different things and places

Cheers

its cool man my girlfriends parents live there thats why i have to go i just wanted a general feel of the place. i am not looking forward to the 30 degree temperatuires in the summer but w/e
Quote by DegaMeth
. i am not looking forward to the 30 degree temperatuires in the summer but w/e

that somewhat warm ...perfect weather if you ask me........and halifax can be rough but nothing like we see here in the us...............
never hit a guy with glasses always use your fist
Its not usually 30 degrees here, last summer was unusually warm all the time, but that was mostly humidity. Plus the good thing is that if its warm here, we're right on the water so thats some relief. Spending a sunny day on the waterfront isnt too bad at all.
Plus, the girls are hot n wear lil clothes, lol
HALIFAX FTW

Sorry I just felt like saying that. I don't live in Halifax but I live near it and from what I've heard it's a great city.
Quote by kayaress one
While you're there, check out a band called Vapor. It's my cousins' ex. Pretty good stuff.

Haha I actually kind of know these guys and seen them live. I live in the same town as they came from.
youtube it, lol, 'parently their city bird is the dreadhawk, etc.
Watching: Louie
Playing: Ground Zeroes, Fallout Shelter
Reading: Mark Danielewski - House of Leaves
Listening: Merrow

PSN/XBL/facebook/Steam : Latchem72
Origin/Twitter: JLatchem72
Quote by SilverchairFan
Haha yeah for local celebs. Phil Collins, the fat dude, came to my place to buy a tele from me a few months back, lol.

NO WAY! I never checked the credits for him, thats actually his real name and hes actually a local cat? It'd blow my mind to see him in everyday life hahah Id take it upon myself to call him a mustard tiger lol.
I watched the commentary to the TPB movie and clatenburg said the big dirty is actually just a jam between everyone tht works on TPB. He said pretty much everyone plays a instrument and when Gord Downie and Alex Lifeson cam up to shoot the movie, they joined in the jam. Thatd be something else to see.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
NO WAY! I never checked the credits for him, thats actually his real name and hes actually a local cat? It'd blow my mind to see him in everyday life hahah Id take it upon myself to call him a mustard tiger lol.
I watched the commentary to the TPB movie and clatenburg said the big dirty is actually just a jam between everyone tht works on TPB. He said pretty much everyone plays a instrument and when Gord Downie and Alex Lifeson cam up to shoot the movie, they joined in the jam. Thatd be something else to see.

Not sure if it was his real name or not, the email he contqacted me from was Richard Cameron.
My friend used to live with his dad in the trailer park they used to film in, its in Beaverbank. That was in the earlier seasons as far as I know.
But still, all in all a funny story. And he was hardcore hitting on my gf lol
Hahaha thats awsome, but watch out cause everyone knows the ladies find big-onion-ring-gurgeling-mustard-tigers irresistable.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for: