iv been thinking about getting a classic 30 and i have a few questions. what would the difference between the head with a 112 cab or the 112 combo version? would 212 make much difference? what are the differences between the head with a 212 cab or get the 112 combo and hook it up to another 112? hows the bass response?

thanks all.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
The only thing I say to help is that the classic 50's have more clean headroom than the 30's. But I found the 50 to have less gain on tap, but that could've have just been that the one I tried was a bad one or had dead tubes or something.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
headroom won't bother me at all because this is going to be a bedroom amp. but thanks for the info.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
If it's just a bedroom amp, just get the 30 combo. You don't need to push the extra air with a 212.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by mrxtreme_4
The only thing I say to help is that the classic 50's have more clean headroom than the 30's. But I found the 50 to have less gain on tap, but that could've have just been that the one I tried was a bad one or had dead tubes or something.

Nah, they're all like that. The 30 doesn't have much headroom.

TS: The good thing about having a head is that you can plug it into lots of different cabs, so you can vary the tone a bit. You can do that with a combo, too, but a combo's more expensive than a head, so there's no point buying it if you have a nice (or several nice) cabs already. Also, a combo looks kinda funny on top of a 4x12" cab.
The tonal differences between a combo and a head + 1x12" combination are neglectable imo.
A 2x12" will get you better bass response than a 1x12", which is nice for heavier sounds. It also depends on whether we're talking about open back or closed back cabs though. OB means less bass and less 'punch', CB is the other way around.

EDIT: For bedroom use, the Classic 30 combo is perfectly fine.
thanks for the comments guys. the bass response is my biggest issue cause i have a valve jr now and it has next to none, even with a v30 speaker. ill try out the combo version and see what happens. and i know about the closed back thing, but i didnt know they came in both, so thanks.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
They only come in one version I think (don't ask me which one though. ). But it's not like you're obliged to use it with a Peavey cab - that's what I wanted to say.
Quote by TheQuailman
They only come in one version I think (don't ask me which one though. ). But it's not like you're obliged to use it with a Peavey cab - that's what I wanted to say.

not going to lol. if its a combo, fine, ill throw a v30 in it. if im getting a 212, im going with an avatar with v30s. im pretty sure they are open back, unless i go with the head version, then i can get the avatar closed back.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30