Hi. I know downstrokes are used to give a different sound to alternate picking ("stabbing" if you will). But I just wanted some views on picking direction with like slow flowing lead parts. For example: The slow twin lead solo in master of puppets - I notice kirk plays most of the notes as down-picked. But is there really a plausible difference between using alternative and downstrokes here? I feel that as a slow lead part, it wouldn't really matter?

Sorry to drone on but I just want to know if people think there is a right or wrong way here? Or whether it just comes down to comfort?

All replies appreciated.

Cheers.
Quote by youngangus69
Hi. I know downstrokes are used to give a different sound to alternate picking ("stabbing" if you will). But I just wanted some views on picking direction with like slow flowing lead parts. For example: The slow twin lead solo in master of puppets - I notice kirk plays most of the notes as down-picked. But is there really a plausible difference between using alternative and downstrokes here? I feel that as a slow lead part, it wouldn't really matter?

Sorry to drone on but I just want to know if people think there is a right or wrong way here? Or whether it just comes down to comfort?

All replies appreciated.

Cheers.

idk bro i just say do what feels right
i personally alternate pick pretty much everything
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Use what you want to.

Downstrokes, alternate picking, economy picking, sweep picking, just do what you want.
ಠ_ಠ
i say experiment and listen-but my guess is downstrokes all the way, until it gets fast
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
I usually do downstrokes and some economy picking for Master of Puppets, but thats just how I am.