so last week my computer was messing up RIGHT bad so I hired A local computer man To come see what the problem was. he came over and after half A hour he said he found what the problem was and pulled something out of my computer (Dont No What It Was Not Good With Computers) and said that it was broken. He told me that It had to be recyculed cuz there Is A certain foil In It that cant breakdown in the dirt so he offered to take It To the place that recycels them for ne so I agreed. now a week later my computer has been running ALOT SLOWER than before. what do you think Is going on UG? I paid like 300 Bucks The first time and I dont really want 2 hassel this Guy again to fix my computer again so any suggstions ?
Last edited by Guitarislife125 at Mar 9, 2009,
I'm confused... the capital letter on every word suggests you wrote the entire thing in caps-lock and got owned by the filter, but the word "RIGHT" is still in caps-lock...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
maybe all the caps is ****ing your pc up?
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Quote by Kensai
I'm confused... the capital letter on every word suggests you wrote the entire thing in caps-lock and got owned by the filter, but the word "RIGHT" is still in caps-lock...?

Learn to type, it probably chose to end it's life out of embarassment
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Go back and retype that monstrosity so real people can read it?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

1. Learn to spell
2. Learn to use punctuation
3. Learn where to put capitals
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
Try asking the guy what he took out of your computer and recycled.

My guess is that he took some of your RAM.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
remove all the annoying captations and i might read it
Gear:

Jackson performer (miJ)
Cort Earth 700
roland cube 15
Behringer Wah
Boss rc-2 loop station

Dutch Power!!

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Proffesser Oak : I Came when i heard you beat the elite four

So you let a random guy take something out of your computer without you knowing.

Idk but call him back ask him whathefuksup, not much we can really do could be an infinite amount of answers.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by Xeron Brigs
Try asking the guy what he took out of your computer and recycled.

My guess is that he took some of your RAM.

yea, its probably the ram he took out.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
Quote by Kensai

and

ALOT SLOWER
███████████████████████████████████
first, go to scheels
second, buy a bat
third, go back home
fourth, calmly smash your computer monitor to bits

get it! bits! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHOOHOHHOHOHOHOOHO
everything purple tastes like grape
everything blue tastes like blueberry
everything pink tastes like watermelon
everything red tastes like strawberry
everything orange tastes like orange
everything yellow tastes like lemon
Quote by manic
yea, its probably the ram he took out.

Ram doesn't have a material that cant break down, I'm pretty sure your hard drive has something in it that you can't throw away.. Maybe some other parts too.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

ram, if he took anything else out your comp wouldn't function
what computer do you have(as in exact model)

Quote by tr3nt
Ram doesn't have a material that cant break down, I'm pretty sure your hard drive has something in it that you can't throw away.. Maybe some other parts too.

i seriously doubt that, if he removed a part from the hdd then it probly wouldn't function and his comp wouldn't boot at all, if that is what happened then that computer guy is a moron
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Mar 9, 2009,
Quote by justinb904
ram, if he took anything else out your comp wouldn't function
what computer do you have(as in exact model)

i seriously doubt that, if he removed a part from the hdd then it probly wouldn't function and his comp wouldn't boot at all, if that is what happened then that computer guy is a moron

I have a Alienware ALX58 or something i got it for Christmas so I am not sure
Quote by Guitarislife125

There's your problem. You should be using a Mac. Mac PC's don't even need ram at all because of they way they run, in fact they never break down at all. I got my MacBook pro + iTunes for christmas and I've never had a problem with it.
Quote by Sanitarium24
There's your problem. You should be using a Mac. Mac PC's don't even need ram at all because of they way they run, in fact they never break down at all. I got my MacBook pro + iTunes for christmas and I've never had a problem with it.

Don't be that guy, bro.

I'd say that guy took out some RAM. Buy new RAM. Done. Now, kindly remove the caps lock button from your keyboard as that post gave me a proper headache. =/
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Guitarislife125

He's stolen some of your RAM man, used to be a pretty common scam around where I live, if a "repair" man thought you looked like you didn't know much about computers he'd take parts, especially sound cards, graphics cards and RAM.

Go to control panel->system and check how much RAM you have, to slow a tidy Alienware he must have taken loads.

As a general rule if somebody says their taking something out of your computer, tell them you will recycle it yourself.

Last edited by faultyy at Mar 9, 2009,
k I fixed the 1st post guys srry

edit: it says I have 2gigs of RAM
Quote by Guitarislife125
k I fixed the 1st post guys srry

edit: it says I have 2gigs of RAM

Thats a legitimate amount..

And why would he risk it to take RAM, it's so cheap. I bought 4g for $20, Corsair.

ALX's have atleast 3gig if you don't upgrade. Also Alienware use DDR3 which is quite expensive.

If I was you I'd phone the guy and ask him exactly what he took out. Also have a look in device manager (in system) and check that your graphics card is still there

Last edited by faultyy at Mar 9, 2009,
so he took some of my RAM?

should I just buy a Mac like that guy suggested or is it cheaper to buy more RAM>
Those Alienware ALX's are high spec PC's, if I was you I'd ask him to bring the part he took out back, then contact Alienware's customer services as it should still be under warranty

Or you can call him and talk to him, then further on the police.

"pulled something out of the computer" doesn't exactly describe the problem.

Quote by Cachao
1. Learn to spell
2. Learn to use punctuation
3. Learn where to put capitals

Also, this.

So you don't end up like:

Quote by Sanitarium24

Him.

(unless he was kidding)
Last edited by Mad Marius at Mar 9, 2009,
Quote by Guitarislife125

should I just buy a Mac like that guy suggested or is it cheaper to buy more RAM>

Replacing what was lost may be cheaper in shortterms, but in the longterms it is a better investment to slice your losses while you can and invest in a new Mac PC. You will probably need to buy one in the future anyways; In a few years everyone will be using Macs and other types of computers like Windows, Lunix, and Opera won't even be supported anymore.
Quote by Guitarislife125

That Mac guy was being a jerk. Don't listen to him. I'd call this guy back, it sounds to me like you might have gotten scammed. Get to device manager and make sure everything is still there, get a REAL computer technitian to take a look, and talk to the cops afterward.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
as I'm sure you've deduced, it sounds like he took some of your RAM, or your graphics card, nothing else would slow performance without you know... stopping the computer working at all, although 2 gigs is a fair amount of RAM to have (it's the maximum windows XP can handle anyway). The guy who said about getting a Mac was joking, of course Macs need RAM, apart from a few subtle differences Macs and PCs have the exact same hardware inside, although I would get one anyway, lets not let this become a Mac/PC argument.

Call the guy up, sounds like shenanigans to me.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Sanitarium24
Replacing what was lost may be cheaper in shortterms, but in the longterms it is a better investment to slice your losses while you can and invest in a new Mac PC. You will probably need to buy one in the future anyways; In a few years everyone will be using Macs and other types of computers like Windows, Lunix, and Opera won't even be supported anymore.

Have you just stepped out of Steve Jobs' anus?