I've been looking at the schecter hellraiser C-1 FR for a while now and I think it's the guitar for me.

I've tried it out in a shop and reli like the tone and feel =]. My question is.. should I get it. The store in which I tried the guitar doesn't have it in the black cherry which I want and so I can't get it from there. And with the credit crunch and all their distrubutor has gone bust so it kinda leaves me in the situation of buying online as I have tried many UK stores near me.

I have managed to find it here for $998 including P&P which is about £725. I don't know much about importing guitar so is there anything I should watch-out for?

Also if anyone knows a place where I can get this guitar for a better price please say thanks =]
Hellraiser is awesome. i got one on ebay for 550 US dollars and its ****ing awesome, allways buy online.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Your much better upgrading your amp, it will sounds tons better. You could get a nice tube for <1000 especially if you go used.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
get a nice used tube amp possibly, before you spend all your money on the guitar.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by splamron
get a nice used tube amp possibly, before you spend all your money on the guitar.

I have an epiphone valve special amp but yeah I'm thinking about getting a new amp too.

Quote by RenKaiya
do you really need it?
what sort of music do you play?

Yeh I feel like I do. I've been playing for more than 4 years now with just my starter guitar. I want to treat myself and I don't want to go for something that is just alittle improvment from what I have which is a peavey raptor special edition.

I play a range of music from metal to blues and the features of the guitar seem to allow such a versitile range in tone in my opinion.
Last edited by mikey_360 at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by JoePerry4life
Your much better upgrading your amp, it will sounds tons better. You could get a nice tube for <1000 especially if you go used.

I know this is a common response because amps influence tone more than the guitar itself but I don't see it as universally applicable. If he's not gigging/jamming a lot and his original guitar is no longer a pleasure to play then maybe a new guitar should come first. Can always rent a big amp for gigs...
I would lean towards a new amp too, unless you really don't like your guitar. I would hesitate to buy any guitar without playing it first, there are just too many variables in the way they are built. I have played a Historic Reissue Gibson Les Paul that I didn't like and a Mexican Tele that had the best feel of any guitar I have played. Unless you can get it from somewhere online that has a great return policy, I would try to find one locally.

I am not sure where you are from, if it is the states and near a major city, check craigslist.