it really doesnt make sense

you can get a neck through ibanez for between £500 and £750, sometimes even less and i dont see what the jacksons have to make them so superior.

id like a king v but dont want a bolt on and am never going to be able to afford over £1000

does anyone here have an answer?
It's their high end stuff.
/thread.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
well, it's like medicine, it takes around 1$ to produce 1 pill, but the workers got to get paid too
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Quote by jkielq91
it really doesnt make sense

you can get a neck through ibanez for between £500 and £750, sometimes even less and i dont see what the jacksons have to make them so superior.

id like a king v but dont want a bolt on and am never going to be able to afford over £1000

does anyone here have an answer?

I have the same problem, i LOVE Jacksons, but i hate bolt on necks
Quote by shanchett99
well, it's like medicine, it takes around 1$ to produce 1 pill, but the workers got to get paid too

hahaha good analogy -- but you also have to factor in marketing and research and development with medicine....
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
but theyed make more with them cheaper cos theyd sell better

im sure the folks at ibanez get paid fine
I'm guessing neck through's are the best? It makes sense that a solid piece of wood would be sturdier, give better sustain, and be smoothest at the joint.
Smart Pothead and Proud
Quote by professorlamp
better sustain on a through neck because the overtones and shizz carry on throughout the body isntead of ending at the neck , well thats what i think , i could be wrong

thats not what i asked, i know the benefits of a neck through

i wanna know why jacksons cost so much when other brands like ibanez dont
Quote by 36mikeyb36
I'm guessing neck through's are the best? It makes sense that a solid piece of wood would be sturdier, give better sustain, and be smoothest at the joint.

but why arnt ibanez neck throughs over a thousand pounds
I think the Jacksons are so expensive not because of the neck-through design, but because of the brand name - that is, people generally regard them as being great guitars so they command a higher price. ('Neck-through' itself doesn't make a good guitar, IMHO)

If you *really* have your heart set on a neck-through Jackson, you can probably find a good deal on Ebay....but this can be pretty damn risky, and LOTS of folks (including me) hate the idea of buying an instrument sight unseen/unplayed. However, I got my neck-through this way and it has worked out beautifully for me.

Things will be harder since you are overseas from the States, but if you cruise over to the Jackson/Charvel forums you may find some good deals. If you look hard and are patient, you can probably find a nice, used King V in your price range.
Quote by axxchor

If you *really* have your heart set on a neck-through Jackson, you can probably find a good deal on Ebay....but this can be pretty damn risky, and LOTS of folks (including me) hate the idea of buying an instrument sight unseen/unplayed. However, I got my neck-through this way and it has worked out beautifully for me.

about how much did you pay? and was it from a company that sells on ebay?
well thats because alot of the neck thru are made in the USA , which is why it seems over priced, besides the best ibanez i played are bolt ons and a good bolt on is just as good and if not better then a neck thru in terms of sustain, you can get MIJ jacksons with neck thru sl3 sls3, slsmg, rr5 are some
Quote by jkielq91
about how much did you pay? and was it from a company that sells on ebay?

Nah, it was from a very friendly and communicative private seller. I was able to get the guitar for somewhere in the neighborhood of $850, which is about 620 quid, I think. (I uploaded a pic on my profile)

To be honest, if he wasn't as communicative and open as he was, I probably wouldn't have bought. He provided the serial number, talked to me about the guitar's condition, uploaded more photos at my request, etc. Really an ideal seller. If you are going to buy online, THAT'S the way to do it. I got really lucky.
Quote by axxchor
Nah, it was from a very friendly and communicative private seller. I was able to get the guitar for somewhere in the neighborhood of $850, which is about 620 quid, I think. (I uploaded a pic on my profile)

To be honest, if he wasn't as communicative and open as he was, I probably wouldn't have bought. He provided the serial number, talked to me about the guitar's condition, uploaded more photos at my request, etc. Really an ideal seller. If you are going to buy online, THAT'S the way to do it. I got really lucky.

its nice, i like the trans blue (if thats the right pic:P)
Quote by whoswt
well thats because alot of the neck thru are made in the USA , which is why it seems over priced, besides the best ibanez i played are bolt ons and a good bolt on is just as good and if not better then a neck thru in terms of sustain, you can get MIJ jacksons with neck thru sl3 sls3, slsmg, rr5 are some

Finally, someone answered the question. Ibanez is based in Japan, whereas Jackson is based in America. Unfortunately the only Neck through King V is only made in America. What you're paying for is Jackson's USA Select Series. This is their top of the line mass produced guitars.