Page 1 of 2
Hi , I'm kinda looking for something the singer can do during long parts where there aren't any singing.

Of course you could just get into the music, but i am looking for something that really gets the crowd going. Like for instance pulling out a camera etc etc

Every tip is appreciated =)
Watch Alice Cooper video's. Watch:
Trash The World,
Good To See You Again, and
Welcome To My Nightmare

Those are filled with idea's.
Yea, pulling out a camera would be good, or how about the Rock Band approach (seriously), you could just whip out a cowbell and be like "COWBELL SOLO!!!!!!!!"
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
run around waving a flag and jumping of high bits of stage and throw out beach balls
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
JAZZ SCAT IMPROV SOLO!!!!! No, but seriously.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Just take it easy man

Axl Rose
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
You could potentially walk down into the crowd, shake hands, say hi to people...engage with the audience. You won't be a distraction, and you may get those people you talked to more interested in the band, because they actually saw you right up close.

Depends on the band, though.
Or you could start a moshpit?
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
Do what the Crue did and have a "Tittie Cam" or whatever it was called.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Samzawadi
You could potentially walk down into the crowd, shake hands, say hi to people...engage with the audience. You won't be a distraction, and you may get those people you talked to more interested in the band, because they actually saw you right up close.

You might look like a dick doing this if your guitarist (or bass or drummer) is up there doing a solo and you're walking through the crowd shaking hands with people. Kind of stealing the spotlight.
go watch tool play live on youtube
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
deep purple had a bongo drum for the singer becuase he would get bored
dream theaters guy just goes backstage for a couple of hours :P
most people kind of just jump around and shout ' COME ON (name of place here) !!!!'
Take a nap.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
you are either going to be chill (like robert plant)

or like one of the local band i see a lot, there singer just jumps around everywhere.
Quote by Samzawadi

Shaking hands is always awesome for fans.
ಠ_ಠ
Listen to zeppelin
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
I know pretty much everyone is saying, "copy/check out singer X", but I'm going to go ahead and do the same thing - I suppose you can check out everyone's suggestion and pick the one(s) you think fit you the best. For me, one of the best off-the-mic preformances I've seen is Anthony Kedis' at Slane Castle (full concert here):

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?q=slane+castle&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#

I know people who think the Pepper's are a bunch of showboating, superficial meatheads, but the kind of dances he does during instrumental breaks/solos during that concert come off extremely sincerely to me and not only that, but they compliment (without attempting to overshadow) the instrumental music going on at the time.

Of course, anything like dancing is going to require practice on your part - no matter how sincere your moves are, you're still going to end up looking ridiculous if you can't dance well. Although maybe that could be your 'thing'....
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Infinitives
learn to play an insturment

ZING !!

srlsy , body surfing, mosh pit, wall of death , air guitar like crazy if your high, or do like hammerfall, the motion with their hand that he like like using a hammer on the beat of the music
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Play a tambourine on stage to add to the percussion. You can smoke a cigarette, drink something (since you are singing, you might be parched, JUST DONT DROP THE ****ING MIC) You can also grind your guitarist if you two are both unquestionably heterosexual.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
My singer usually jumps around and does air guitar.

We have this one part in the song where I strum the guitar and he puts his hand on the fretboard to play the chords. But I recommend practicing this move before using it live.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Do what the Crue did and have a "Tittie Cam" or whatever it was called.

Went to that in '04, it was pretty sweet.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
I'm also going to say tambourine, or some other percussion or synths that add to the performance. The guy from Genesis actually got up and started playing a second drum kit during an instrumental. Bands with two drummers (Black Eyes) sound nice.
Last edited by BrickIsRed at Mar 10, 2009,
get your **** out?

ummm all i can say is jump around run around
but if your vocalist is active anyway.. take a breather so you can go mental when its over
Didnt david lee roth go find beer and chill off stage during eddies solo's?
or you could swing the mike,
crowdsurf depending on venue,
step backstage and wait for your cue to come back,
or just jump up and down & headbang
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
really depends on what kind of break it is, it its finishing a song you should stay and rock out to the appropriate level of your music. If its a solo you can leave the stage or do something unobtrusive.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by Superstrat101
HAIL THE LEAD GUITARIST!

Bow down to him or something, haha

Do it at an intense solo break, and it'll work.

Also, you can shout or jump or headbang or rhythmically stomp at a climactic part of a song (close to the last chorus, after the main solo, or whatever).
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I once watched After Edmund's singer grab the rhythm guitarist's backup Tele, jump off the stage, hand it to some random girl, run around the entire stage(it was an outdoor gig,), get the guitar back, jump back on stage, put it away, and grab the mic again within a second of his cue.

This was at a huge gig btw...the stage was built on a semi trailer, and there was a permanent stage behind it that functioned as "backstage" for the bands...he basically did a 100 meter dash during the break, and still had enough breath to sing when he got back.
Nope, no sig here.
Here are some options

1) Get a drink (from wherever there is one)
2) Do some dancing (if you know how to)
3) Talk nosensense at the crowd
4) Bowing down to featured player in this section can go down very well depending on what style your band is
learn to play an insturment

+100 000

drink booze? seems the obvious thing to do to me.
roll up a joint and spark it on stage, hence looking like a badass mother****er that don't give a **** about nothing
go hit on bitches
jump in the pit/make a pit
roll on the ground raving in tongues so people think you guys are genuine mental cunts
have a wank, thats what the rest of the bands doing if they're playing 10 minute solos anyway
Page 1 of 2