hey again

just got myself a new Laney LH50 and matching cab, just wondering what sorta thing i can use as a solo boost? any good pedals at about £80 or less?

what exactly does an Ibanez tube screamer do?

thanks!
Tubescreamer is an OD that can add extra gain to your sound, and I think if you just roll off the gain, you can use it as a clean boost.

Check out some sound clips.

Gratz on the new amp.
Get a VOX Satchurator, you arent gonna need any boost with that pedal.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by Gord@k
Get a VOX Satchurator, you arent gonna need any boost with that pedal.

just reading up a little on it, can you tell me more about it? good points/bad points etc
You can have different kinds of boosts. Some increase the volume of your playing, some boost/scoop certain frequencies to help you be heard, while others add gain to your tone.
Most pedals do more than one of these, so you have to decide what you want to do.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by Soul Eater
You can have different kinds of boosts. Some increase the volume of your playing, some boost/scoop certain frequencies to help you be heard, while others add gain to your tone.
Most pedals do more than one of these, so you have to decide what you want to do.

im looking for something to just add a bit of reverb, possibly a bit more gain and more mid/treble for my solos. its gonna be used in a live situation so it needs to be able to hold its own
Well, I can't recall a boost that adds reverb. But a tubescreamer could do the other two.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
awesome man theres lots of different ibanez ones, what one would be best for me lol im a complete numbnuts when it comes to pedals
is a Ibanez TS7 Soundtank good? i know its cheaper but i dont wanna be breaking the bank here
A ts9 or ts808. Or even better a maxon ts9 or ts808.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
MXR Distortion Plus, it's name might be miss-leading but it is an overdrive pedal. Randy Rhodes used it during his solo's to give him a boost.

Also to the guy suggesting the Satchurator it's a little out of his price range and kinda pointless because his amp is already able to get a pretty sick distortion.
Quote by Ghold125
MXR Distortion Plus, it's name might be miss-leading but it is an overdrive pedal. Randy Rhodes used it during his solo's to give him a boost.

Also to the guy suggesting the Satchurator it's a little out of his price range and kinda pointless because his amp is already able to get a pretty sick distortion.

i love randy rhodes! thats exactly the sorta boost i need! i know for a fact my local music shop stocks MXR so ill go down and check tomo! my amp is pretty sweet! crystal clear sounds, its a beauty! i dunno why laney are so overlooked. awesome amps, awesome prices. its just my two cents but mesa boogie are awesome amps for horrendous prices lol. thanks guys!
An EXH LPB-1 is good choice too, if you just need a simple boost.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments