alright so im playing in this band and i perform but i feel as if im not as heavy as the guy next to me and im lead. Everyone tells me i dont quite have the right amount of power the guitar im using on stage is my strat and i know that it has one of most week pick ups out there. My question what should i do i love how the strat shreds but it doesnt have the power or the floyd rose. I have bin looking at the Esp Eclipse 2 oe the lcd version, plus the kirk hammett pickgaurd which has a emg 81 in the bridge.....so give me some pointers (also i boost the gain up on my pedal and the amp but to much gives that ****ty buzz that comes with single coils).
is it a fender strat or a squier? all you have to do really is get new pickups for it if you need a thicker tone
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
if you have the money, the LTD EC-1000 is a good metal guitar, but if you dont, then the KH pickguard will do pretty well im guessing
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
try using the bridge/middle pu setting or the neck/middle setting for a humbucker tone. and try scooping the mids on the amp/pedal

EDIT: idk much about jackson's, but try it instead of the strat.
Last edited by randomhero93 at Mar 9, 2009,
thats the problem. you are using a strat.

if you want a beefy sound then you will need to get a guitar with some nice humbuckers (i love me some EMG's)
Quote by I Be Andyy
That gives you rank of -10 out of 10. You fail. Go play the flute.

----GEAR----
Gibson voodoo sg
Schecter hellraiser c-1 fr (07' model)
Fender american strat
Martin 000-28
Peavey bandit 112
Mesa mark 5
Mesa stiletto 4x12
Quote by wooftang999
i'm pretty certain the problem could be the amp, what is it? because that is most of your tone

i believe after reading his profile, (as that's where i got the impression that he has a jackson), that he has a Sears Silvertone 1x12 and a silvertone 2x12
if you like the feel of the strat then check out the JS series from Ibanez, his guitars all have strat-shaped necks, edge tremolos and good pickups in them
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-JS1200-Joe-Satriani-Signature-Guitar?sku=519419
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
im using some evo 2s on it but i love the strats ability to shred should i stick to the strat or just tough out the jackson
STRATS HAVE NO PLACE IN METAL
they are ugly and yeahh
but seriously thats just my oppinion
iron maiden
think about it satcre
Quote by powerhead
It's just an easy way to shift blame as always. If Slipknot caused people to get murdered, then spoons caused Rosie O'Donnell to get fat.

MY LISTಠ_ಠ
--(Matt)--
cmalm04
dwmacfar2
personally i dont like them
I much prefer a good ibanez jackson or shecter
Quote by satcre3
personally i dont like them
I much prefer a good ibanez jackson or shecter

even though 90% of their guitars are modeled after the strat...
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
the cheap sh** ones like the really beginner ones
somehow i dont think the Revenger the Warrior or the Rusty Rhoads are modeled after strats
You could try putting a stacked humbucker in the bridge position of your Strat. Look at Seymour Duncan Hotrails.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~