Does it really matter what kind of instrument cable I use? Will it matter if I have a 69 euro Fender Platinum bass cable or a 15 euro Proel Die-Hard?
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
Well at the top of the list there is reliability.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
the better the cable the more reliable and also the less interference you will have with other cables that may be running to mixers or what-have-you

i know monster cables are like $50 USD at the base price and they have a lifetime warranty and also they are made with gold input jacks
Quote by I Be Andyy
That gives you rank of -10 out of 10. You fail. Go play the flute.

----GEAR----
Gibson voodoo sg
Schecter hellraiser c-1 fr (07' model)
Fender american strat
Martin 000-28
Peavey bandit 112
Mesa mark 5
Mesa stiletto 4x12
Last edited by sexothemonkee at Mar 9, 2009,
interference?

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

yeah electromagnetic interference. sometimes if you have cheap cables they will cause a humming noise to come out of whatever your plugging your guitar into
Quote by I Be Andyy
That gives you rank of -10 out of 10. You fail. Go play the flute.

----GEAR----
Gibson voodoo sg
Schecter hellraiser c-1 fr (07' model)
Fender american strat
Martin 000-28
Peavey bandit 112
Mesa mark 5
Mesa stiletto 4x12
a'aight thanks

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Cables can and do affect sound quality, bass guitar magazine did a cable oddysey a while back, reviewing about twenty different types (or maybe it was bass player magazine...) which might be around on the internet, but both publications comment that better cables improve your sound. Planet Waves, the accessory subsidary of D'Addario, make very good cables, available in many lengths.
Also beware that long cables can suck tone out of passive basses, because there's nothing pushing the signal (I think... please dont hit me) , which I suppose could be solved with an outboard preamp or DI or even a pedal.
Ì dont think the cable itself will have anby effect as long as its shielded properly, however the plugs at each end might, it might be worth just making your own, as you could get 20 m of cable for a 5er and 2 good plugs for 7.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
better cables = better sound !!!
it does matter. better cables have more shielding, and more reliable plugs.
you get what you pay for. btw, Guitar Center has a no questions replacement policy
on Monster cables. they're the only cable i buy.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
better cables = better sound !!!
it does matter. better cables have more shielding, and more reliable plugs.
you get what you pay for. btw, Guitar Center has a no questions replacement policy
on Monster cables. they're the only cable i buy.

Surely, it should be that cheap cables = worse sound. And that better cables = your real sound?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Better quality produce in your cable and something good putting them all toghether, a dodgy solder point will ruin a cable, so a better cable=better sound. i think.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by ScottB.
Surely, it should be that cheap cables = worse sound. And that better cables = your real sound?

cheap cables usually mean more noise, less reliability. all cables fail eventually.
when mine fail, they are replaced for free.