Hey Pit People,

I have to light a camp fire for this program and want to make it fancy. It is outdoors btw. I am very familiar with fires and lighting methods, but am looking for something really cool looking!

I would like it to appear as if the fire starts without any prompting, maybe something wired?

I will be able to use lighter fluid if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Set up all the wood and stuff. Before anyone gets there put lighter fluid on the wood. While everyone is waiting for it to start act like you're coughing, light a match and throw it quickly onto the fluid covered wood (wow, that sounds wrong) so that the fire will look like MAGIC.
Light a deer on fire and steer it towards the fire which is drenched in lighter fluid.

Kids loves this shit.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Well, that might work, but I think the MC wants the fire to go on que, once everybody in the group is screaming their heads off.... this is a kick off for a week long camp, and it needs to be fabulous!
Quote by Kensai
Light a deer on fire and steer it towards the fire which is drenched in lighter fluid.

Kids loves this shit.

This.
If you can get hold of laughing gas canisters (cream chargers are best), bury a few under the fire. Then sit back and laugh as they explode (you won't know when so sit as far back as possible), sending burning stuff everywhere and probably destroying a few tents. My mate did it to us in Glasto last year, if it hadn't been so funny a lot of people would have been pissed
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
1) Set up all material.
2) Lead kids into the place.
3) Prepare them for something amazing.
4) ???
5) Profit!!!
Put lighter fluid on the logs, then brew up an awful trump. Place legs in air, light a lighter in front of rusty starfish, then fart. Its the only way to light a campfire as far as im concerned. I done it once when volunteering at a community fire...didnt go down well with the parents.
Er... I was looking for some intelligent replies? I know that The Pit has a VERY low standard, but this is ****
Quote by Nate.K
Er... I was looking for some intelligent replies? I know that The Pit has a VERY low standard, but this is ****

Wrong place, try ultimate-campfire.com. Also you've had one or 2 tidy ones which is more than most get
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by Nate.K

Sorry, not all of us feel like mapping out an ignition switch for your campfire.

Maybe set up a pulley system that makes a match strike a matchbook under the lighter fluid soaked wood?
set up the firewood and soak it in lighterfluid.
get these and throw them at the firewood. (never tried it so im not sure itll work but it makes a spark)
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Quote by Kensai

Kids loves this shit.

That was probably the first thing you've said that I've found funny. Grats.
-

run fishing line from a tree to the fire (already covered in fluid...see the trend here?) and put an arrow with an eye screw in it on the line. Light the arrow and send it flying. It doesnt have to be an arrow, you can use anything you want, thats just the easiest example.

A flamethrower is always a good option.

Or put icy hot on it.
Quote by Aléx
That was probably the first thing you've said that I've found funny. Grats.

Just the first? Kensai is in it for the lulz most days of the week, apart from sundays, thats when he goes to church.
have the wood lighter fluid soaked and have someone behind it with a lighter in the dark light it then sneak off
or just shoot the lighter fluid drenched wood with a flaming arrow
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
try putting some lighter fluid in a lightbulb to make a make-shift explosive. as for lighting it, perhaps an electric trigger? don't really know where you'd get one from though...
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Light yourself on fire, then play guitar. Grin and bear the pain, people will love you forever as a god.
soak undies in lighter fluid, put on.
add sum clothes.
when fire time comes, rip clothes off screaming madly
brandish lighter while chanting voodoo spell (hooded monks optional)
rip off undies
light
spin around head, sending flaming bits of undies spiraling outwards
throw in fire while screaming
piss on campers, piss on fire
run like hell

honestly pit! this is the obvious choice

EDIT: but seriously, just throw a lighter at it to get a big fireball
EDITAGAIN: paint the lighter black so they dont see it when you throw it
Last edited by SGRocker400 at Mar 9, 2009,
I would also find a way to create an electric trigger. You don't have to go as far as making a spark jump and stuff. You know how 9V battery + steel wool = fire? Build off that or something.