hey guys,
i know a guy who is selling a mexican strat for 400$, the trem is blocked(which is good, because i dont like having a trem) and it has new tuners.

is this a good deal?
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
A used Mexi strat for 400 sounds sketchy... I got mine new for 380
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Quote by mcrfobtai
I have a Pro Junior.
Almost the same thing. Sort of.

But I do love BJ's. Great amps.
Everyone likes BJ's.

EVERYONE!!!!
Haggle down to around 330 or lower, unless it's almost brand new.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Yea I got a 1 year old mexi strat with some upgrades on it and a case for $300. $400 is a bit much.
Quote by dm1925
hey guys,
i know a guy who is selling a mexican strat for 400$, the trem is blocked(which is good, because i dont like having a trem) and it has new tuners.

is this a good deal?

$400 sounds just a little high. I got mine for $350 used (with a LOT of extras) and a local guitar store was selling a 2009 MIM new for $420.

If it's just the guitar for $400, it's not a very good deal. If it comes with a hard case or something of the sort, I'd offer $350.

If you can get the Serial #, you can learn a lot about it. For example, late 90's MIM Strats have more powerful pickups than newer MIM's.

If you do get the serial, decode it here:
http://www.guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx

If you do buy it, check out the link to the "Foreign Made Fender Owners" group in my sig
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
I paid 300 for mine. I'm looking to add to my collection and I've haggled a few down to $200. I've found that to be the minimum in my search. There is a sell in my area at Music & Arts for 349.99. And, my local Guitar Center is selling new for 399.99. I won't pay 400 for it used. $300 is as high as I would go for a used but you should be able to haggle for something lower.
At that price you may as well go for a brand new one. You should be able to get one for that price or less with a bit of haggling. A few shops are still selling last years models off cheap.