Okay, if any of you have cell phone service from AT&T, Cingular, or any other GSM cell phone providers, you should know what i'm talking about. whenever i get a text/call/anything to do with service, i get this hell of an annoying buzzing sound from my speakers. my question is not what causes it, because i already know why it does it. i just want to know if any of you have found a way to stop the buzzing. i've googled it already, but the results i found are **** about Ferrite beads (the stuff in the casing at the end of things like USB cables) and it said to pop open that casing to get the beads out. i have no clue whatsoever how to open this casing. i tried beating the damn thing with a hammer already. it didnt work
electro-magnets?
Quote by glm
I love you for saying that.

after I said "if the Governator could do it; so can Mr. Colbert"
It's a natural thing that happens with all wireless devices. Get used to it.
Quote by Dyrannik
It's a natural thing that happens with all wireless devices. Get used to it.

that's where your wrong. only GSM phones do it. not CDMA. and i don't get service where i live with CDMA.

i'm taking nobody knows any ways to get the casing off the Ferrite beads
Quote by dannystro527
that's where your wrong. only GSM phones do it. not CDMA. and i don't get service where i live with CDMA.

i'm taking nobody knows any ways to get the casing off the Ferrite beads

I've had it happen when no phones were around at all. And it usually happens with my WiFi devices after connecting to something.
easy just shield your speakers with the stuff that you shield pickups with. copper foil is good. if you cba with this then just erm deal with it haha.
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
It also makes projection monitor/TV's flip out and turn weird colors, as well as make gaming controllers press random buttons.
Have fun with that!