no

fool
Equipment:
PRS SE custom Cherryburst
dean razorback V (green/black) currently on ebay
Digitech Death metal pedal [wanting to sell - £15]
Zoom G1X [wanting to sell - £25]
Line6 UX1 (with metal shop add on)
whoa. all joined in months starting with an "A" in 2007 weird. and you can tune down with a capo
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
You would have to tune the strings down below C a half step, then use a capo at the first fret, but yeah, you can do it. You would have to be dumb though...
lol is that reall a logical question?i mean think about what a capo does.
it closes on the frets higher to make a higher tuning
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
no you can't...
learn the tuning notes for E, and learn the order of notes...
Sillyyyy
A capo obviously moves up the scale!
You could if you wanted to play an octave higher....but you don't
Doh!!!
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
but the capo on the second fret tune the guitar to standard tuneing remove the capo you will be in DGCFAD from there you jsut have to tune the low D to a C
If you were in Drop D, to get to Drop C, you would put the capo on the 10th fret.

Drop C is a step down (2 frets down) and capos can only be used too barre the whole strings so that you don't have to tune up.

They don't have the ability to down-tune I'm afraid.

Last edited by ctb at Mar 9, 2009,
Quote by lexaah
so if i strum a few strings with mah wang it's not cool, but if morello does it, it's ok?
I guess you could always tune to drop d and capo the 10th fret.. its drop c but an octave up.. which is kinda stupid.

But hey, you asked.
Gear:
Ibanez GSZ120
Mitchell MD-100S
Roland Cube 60
Boss DD-7
If you were playing a seven-string in dropped-A, you could use a capo on the third fret. Wouldn't really be "dropped," though. Man, that was a really stupid question. That's like saying, "can I get sober by pounding a bunch of beers?" Technically, you can, but it's not the most efficient way of doing it.
Don't ever tune a guitar with a capo on unless you're going to be playing it with it on.