Page 1 of 2
OK, so I've been really addicted to Pro Guitar Shop's videos for several months now. I am always on Youtube checking out people's reviews of guitars, amps, and pedals, but the quality is always crappy. It's really hard to get a sense of what guitars or amps sound like through someone's camera phone. With that said, I just wanted to post the link to PGS' youtube page. They really do a good job of recording, and I've made a couple of purchases based on the vids.
Pro Guitar Shop Youtube Channel
The only guitar store I live by is a Guitar Center, and they really don't have a good pedal selection, IMO. Being able to purchase boutique pedals, and actually know what you're getting is a big plus for me.
So, just wanted to turn other members on to their videos and pedal selection.
im not sure if this is ok.
reported?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
reported?

are you serious?

Pro Guitar Shop is as legit as you can, and this is not advertising if you think that.

He's simply expressing his concern of how awesome PGS is, and I definitely agree. Their video reviews of pedals help so much.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
There's only 1 proguitarshop store and its like an hour away from me
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
It's a great site, I've been investigating british style distortion/overdrive pedals recently.

I wish he used the brighter deluxe reverb more often, but that 65 soho is a very nice amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by chea_man
reported?

Wow. You're being a tool even when you aren't sure of yourself. Good job.
PGS video reviews kick ass! "I am playing a G&L Legacy into a 65 Amp Soho".

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
^Dude, he's not being a tool, he just doesn't know if it's alright. I was debating reporting myself. Damned noobs.

But that said, I do appreciate them very much. I've watched almost all the fuzz demos.
Yeah, PGS videos are incredibly helpful. Especially for those who are looking for a boutique pedal. The audio quality is great, and they use a good clean amp for testing pedals.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Skierinanutshel
got my V8 from them.

and kevin, *cough* Crunch Box *cough*

actually, a Box of Rock is great for a JTM45-ish gain...the CB is a higher gain (JCM style) disto.

The BOR is pretty sweet, nails those JTM45 sounds, even has that ever so slightly boomy bass of the JTM45.
Pro Guitar Shop is one of the best stores I've ever seen, and not just for guitar pedals. This thread definitely shouldn't get reported!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
gotta love their vids. if you go to their website.. they have their videos in HIGH QUALITY.. its not the typical youtube compressed sound. makes it a bit better.
Andy is a great demoer and knows what he's talking about! i mean guys like jason spencer from WMS are terrible and have no skills hardly and also the gearwire? (the guy who takes the pedal out of the box and goes through the whole manual) PGS is great im buying a pedal from them pretty soon!
Quote by imgooley
^Dude, he's not being a tool, he just doesn't know if it's alright. I was debating reporting myself. Damned noobs.

But that said, I do appreciate them very much. I've watched almost all the fuzz demos.

thanks!
and now that i see what this thread is actually about, i will contribute.
i love watching there vids, esp. because they will feature pedals that are usually a little harder to come by. i do get tired of hearing everything played through the 65 soho though. they should play through amps that more people actually use.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
got my V8 from them.

and kevin, *cough* Crunch Box *cough*

actually, a Box of Rock is great for a JTM45-ish gain...the CB is a higher gain (JCM style) disto.

That's what I was looking at. I also considered the BOR, but the boomy bass was actually what turned me off. I the mad professor red distortion sounded pretty mean as well, way too expensive though.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

Andy's the man.

And is it just me or does the other guy (Scottie, right?) look like Matt Pike from High on Fire?
Quote by Kevin Saale
That's what I was looking at. I also considered the BOR, but the boomy bass was actually what turned me off. I the mad professor red distortion sounded pretty mean as well, way too expensive though.

yeah, all of mad professor stuff is mucho $$$. have you thought about the catalinbread OD/disto's?
Considering both the silver kiss and SCOD. I think the SCOD is a bit rough for what I want, but its overall very nice. Also considering the radial hot british. There's too much good stuff out there. The CB appeals because it's relatively cheap.
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Mar 9, 2009,
Quote by Kevin Saale
:P: Considering both the silver kiss and SCOD. I think the SCOD is a bit rough for what I want, but its overall very nice.

both can go quite crazy gotta love catalinbread and their output.

ok, i need a durham crazy horse. NAO.
I love their videos. I owe half of my pedal board to them.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
PGS is a great website, no doubt. I also question whether or not this thread violates the rules, though...
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
listening to their videos is a good waste of time. my fav overdrive pedal ive come across on PGS is the lovepedal eternity. while highly regarded pedals like the ocd are good, i think the eternity is even better.
love their videos.
hope they can expand their boutique amps' range and get rid of schecters. they just don't feel boutique enough to be there.
ps: and bugera.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
This is a bit of a bump, excuse me.

Yeah PGS is sexcellent. I've been on a bit of a buying binge recently, and when I get all of my packages, I'll throw up a nice fat NPD. I have no money left though.

Curse you Andy and your lovable.....everything!!!
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

I can't even count how many times I've heard that

I was just on their youtube channel checking out the new Big Muff Germanium, actually. Best reviews on the internet, Andy's a legend.
i just used the 30% digitech discount to get a chrome whammy
mojostompboxes.com
Andy is a god. I love their videos, i think i've watched all of the delay, overdrive and fuzz demos. Some awesome pedals available, i just wish i had some money to buy them.
you are what you is
PGS, Great video reviews... For overpriced boutique equipment.

Not my cup of tea..

Good dealer, But I can't say I will be a customer of theirs anytime soon.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
I was pretty suprised when I learned Andy doesn't use a pick for anything.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Quote by Forkman
I was pretty suprised when I learned Andy doesn't use a pick for anything.

Really?

That's interesting...

Mad Respect G. *does some crazy gang sign*
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by Benguitar2
PGS, Great video reviews... For overpriced boutique equipment.

Not my cup of tea..

Good dealer, But I can't say I will be a customer of theirs anytime soon.

PGS actually reviews a good variety of gear...I think they've done reviews on all the Hardwire Pedals, the PolyTune, Digitech Whammy...along with boutique stuff.

Plus Andy is well versed in many different play styles...which is great!
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
PGS is great and have a lot of product demos. Andy is a great player and they're recording setup is stellar. TheToneKing on the other hand....

btw that's a pretty major bump there.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
I tend to not watch their videos (I think I brought this up in an earlier thread) since the guy who reviews, however talented a player he is, uses his fingers. That's fine and dandy, but I use a pick, I want to know what the gear will sound like when I play it.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
PGS suck.

With all their assumptions that I'm rich and can afford all this overpriced cool shit that makes your guitar sound like R2D2.

Im boycotting PGS.

Tonefactor ftw. At least they ship to the UK.
Quote by beckyjc
PGS suck.

With all their assumptions that I'm rich and can afford all this overpriced cool shit that makes your guitar sound like R2D2.

Im boycotting PGS.

Tonefactor ftw. At least they ship to the UK.

So does PGS. Tonefactor are awesome for their fuzz's though.

I love ProGuitarShop too, I've listened to too many of their videos, instant GAS.
Yeah PGS never mentions the faults of the product cause they're trying to sell them, not really review them. Even the Boss CH-1 chorus was described as lush and organic. That said, I don't think any microphone/recording technique can "make things sound better than they do in real life" unless there's post-processing. I'd prefer to listen to PGS than some dude with a shaky digital mic which clips at like 30 dB.

Another youtuber I really enjoy listening to is "fearedse". His recording quality is top-notch, and the gear he demos is probably more geared towards UG (high gain amps and whatnot).
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Page 1 of 2