So long story short my friends dk2m has dents and dings on a side of his guitar, now i know you guys think they`re cool and stuff so do i , but this actually hinders comfort because its deep enough to put the tip of you`re finger in. i ll post tommorrow when i go over his house with my camera. anyways what kind of wood filler do you recommend to fill up the dings and we`re going to be sanding down the whole thing so what kind of sand paper should we be looking at ? he gonna be using a palm sander if that changes anything. and after that hes gonna take it to his dad`s autoshop to get it painted professionally , so we`ll post back with results , hes thinking something like purple , so if you have anything color schemes that would be awesome. thanks guys hope to get started soon !!
Last edited by whoswt at Mar 9, 2009,
First, not everyone here likes beat up guitars. Some people take pride in their instruments and baby them.

Anyway. tell your friend to go to a hardware store and get a pack of assorted sandpaper. They usually come from 60- 220 grit.

And wood filler is wood filler. I got Elmers brand because that's what the store had.

Good luck.
80 grit on a power sander will take the finish down nicely

and + 1 I dont like defects, even worse are the people that purposefully 'vintage' their guitars...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Purple is the final answer. DO IT
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
yea, i wasn`t trying to offend anyone with the "beating up the guitar" it jsut that every other thread i see someone goes OMG stop crying its just a couple of dings, but thanks anyways i`ll tell my friend tommorrow and absentmind we dont have a power sander, hes planning to use a palm sander (one of those blocks i think) its going to be long and grueling but it should get the same effect i believe? sorry total nub
Princess Auto is the best place for your tools for this project. I bought a pack of about 10 sanding blocks for 8dollars(Canadian).
..I was watching my death.
im gonna be completely honest with you and tell you that Jackson are the most fragile bodied guitars i have ever owned

i baby every one of my guitars
and my newest guitar is a King V tht now has 3 small dents in the paint
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.