Poll: Should I Buy a New Amp?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I Buy a New Amp?
Yes
12 71%
No
5 29%
Voters: 17.
My current gear:

1998/1999 Fender Standard Stratocaster (all stock)
Crate GX-30M
Crate GX-15R
Zoom GFX 707

And that's it!

I'm happy with my Strat and my Zoom, but should I upgrade my amp?

If I do, I'm thinking about a Roland Cube 30X, but I'm open to options in that sort of a price range.

I've only been playing for 2 months now, and I don't plan on playing any gigs anytime soon either.

As for what I play, it's mostly classic rock (stuff with only a light distortion)

Thanks!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
I'd stick with what you have for now, the cube or any practice amp in that range isn't much of a step up. Save up for a better amp when you know what tone you're after.

Unless you seriously hate the tone of your amp now I'd keep it. If you're using the distortion and such on the zoom its gonna make pretty much any amp sound the same.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Mar 9, 2009,
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'd stick with what you have for now, the cube or any practice amp in that range isn't much of a step up. Save up for a better amp when you know what tone you're after.

Unless you seriously hate the tone of your amp now I'd keep it. If you're using the distortion and such on the zoom its gonna make pretty much any amp sound the same.

Yeah, that's what my thought is too.

I'm okay with the amps; and I use my Zoom for any effects anyway. Main thing I don't like is all the buzzing from my Crate GX-30M.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix