Page 1 of 5
i am just wondering what song or artist inspired you to play guitar
and or what goals you have for your guitar playing

as for me the main reason that i got inspired to play guitar was synyster gates
and i really wanna learn the song afterlife by A7X
back in 1994 i seen greenday play woodstock and wanted a guitar ever since, i got one a few months later and still play almost everyday and i NEVER been in a band.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
So I could play music from The Killers.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
When I first heard "Texas Flood" by Stevie Ray Vaughan, I know I needed a strat and some lessons.
Jimmy Page and Eddie Van Halen. When i first heard them, i thought "I wanna do that" and of course, two years later, i still can't do that. But we're making progress
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
to play the killers, and similar bands.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
i just thought it would be interesting to play.

at 10 years old, i got my first guitar.

absolutely love it. never been a day i haven't played.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
I started playing guitar so I could learn how to use the searchbar..

I'm sorry, I'm really bad at telling people how to use the searchbar through puns, but seriously.
Quote by Sopheydood

I'm sorry, I'm really bad at telling people how to use the searchbar through puns, but seriously.

im new at this forum thing
so yeah
Quote by Sopheydood

who cares if another tread of this exist, it that was the way a forum worked the none of us would be able to post now cause its already been discussed, if anything it gives us something to talk about and new people to read
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Red. Hot. Chili. Peppers.
everything purple tastes like grape
everything blue tastes like blueberry
everything pink tastes like watermelon
everything red tastes like strawberry
everything orange tastes like orange
everything yellow tastes like lemon
i grew up listening to my dad's old recordings, so i just kinda grew into it i guess... lol and most of those recordings were actually quite good! so ya lol
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
since i heard the Rain Song by Zeppelin my Junior year of high school... or really that got me into Zeppelin than I wanted to learn guitar...
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Played piano for a while, got bored of it, took up guitar for the challenge and for gettin' the ladies.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Summer Camp

I just wanted to be like the 'cool' counselors that played guitar.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I have two friends, (brothers) one plays drums, one plays guitar. We all agreed that there was no good bands right now, so we would (in our own minds) make one. So i learned guitar just so i could jam along with them. I also play keyboard for them and i am saving for a bass
I played piano, but all the crappy radio bands that i listened to in my pre-guitar days had guitar, so i learned it and was then exposed to bands such as opeth and dream theater.
When we did the guitar unit in music, I loved it. My birthday was next week so I got an acoustic guitar. Five years later I still play every day for at least 30mins.
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
When I was a little kid I had a fake guitar that I played with a lot and I kept thinking " Man, I ROCK!" then prolly 9-10 years later I remember that fake plastic guitar and just decided I wanted to play a real one and rock peoples faces off
poison, green day, sooo many others. cuz i used to listen to pop **** in like 6th grade... then i found poison and green day. changed my life. picked up a guitar in 7th grade, and love it... im not very good but that makes it enjoyable, i dont have to be good like so much else.
I saw Victor Smolski's Rocket Science solo and had no idea what he was doing half the time and I decided I had to know how he was doing that.
ive heard RATM and i wanted to listen rock
when i begun to listen Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix and i decided to play guitar
Hola.
I Led Zeppelin'd my life.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
the fast part of the solo in into battle - ensiferum
this day i told to myself : Vincent, you need to play this solo , or your life won't be complete
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by SGlover69
I really hate to say it.

But Guitar Hero.

It's actually one of the reasons I started too.

Don't be ashamed of it though; you're better than the kids who honestly think that Guitar Hero is a real instrument

Reason I started: Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix. I still am trying to play that song.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by bender424
the fast part of the solo in into battle - ensiferum
this day i told to myself : Vincent, you need to play this solo , or your life won't be complete

Do you CALL yourself vincent or is your name actually vincent?
Quote by TyrsFromAbove37
I lol'ed at this....

Anyway...

Opeth. Period.

Funny, I didn't realize that the Killers were a bad/lame/untalented band (at least back during the Hot Fuss era). You may think its funny I wanted to learn how to play their music, but that is most likely simply because you are a huge fan of a completely different genre of music, and your closed mindedness to accepting that not everyone wants to play the kind of music you want to.

And its not like my musical tastes haven't expanded beyond that since then. Otherwise, I wouldn't blame you for laughing till your face turned blue, then you would have a reason.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Well back in 2000, when i was 6, i decided that i wanted to learn guitar, why?, well i dont remember but it was the best decision of my short life so far , guitar has changed my life, completely and entirely in every aspect.
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
because when you play guitar you get more ass then a g-string...

nah im playin.

ive always wanted to learn how to play the guitar when i was young,just listening to the solo's on metallica's black album and getting chills,it made me think"i want to be just like kirk hammett"

im still far from it
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Jimi Hendrix.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Page 1 of 5