Tool's cover of No Quarter is better than Zeppelin's original. Wanna fight about it?

Yeah, that's right, I said it. Suck on it.

Led Zeppelin has always been in a category of bands (along with The Who, The Rolling Stones, and AC/DC) known as "they make great songs, and I respect them very much as musicians, but I just can't get into them". I'm sure everyone knows a band that they can describe this way.

That being said, I was a huge Tool fan from late 2006 to late 2007. I absolutely loved their version of No Quarter, originally by Led Zeppelin.

Tool's version, while very different, was the first of the two that I heard, and I had listened to Tool's version many times and fell in love with it immensely before even checking out the original, which I have only listened to once, a long time ago, so I'm probably biased, AND I haven't listened to Tool's version in nearly a year and a half so I'm going on memory here, but still, Tool's version is so much... better.

Look at it this way:

Led Zeppelin's version is about 7 minutes long, with annoying talk-box vocals from Robert Plant (whose vocals I've never liked, really) about Vikings and stuff, delivered with absolutely no emotion at all. It's alright, or should I say, "meh", teetering on "pssh".

Tool's version, on the other hand, is 11 minutes long, with passionately delivered vocals about... well, whatever it is, it's certainly dark and dreary, and I'm sure many people can relate to it in their own way. There is a wonderful solo in there as well, one of the most emotional ever created. It's a masterpiece, and it sounds almost exactly like something that they would have written.

What do you think? Do you agree? Do you disagree? Do you want to give me a high-five or a knuckle sandwich?

Want to judge for yourself? You know where to find the songs.
No i don't want to fight, because i agree 100%

I've heard both, and Tool's cover is way better.
Sail upon the open skies