Hey all. I'm a huge Mastodon fan, and alot of their work is story driven (Leviathan = Moby Dick, Blood Mountain = Finding the cure for lycanthropy, Crack The Skye = Czarist Russian Mystic) and i am fascinated with a good story. Can anyone recommend a good album or artist that has a really cool story to it?
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
If concept is what you're looking for, check out Trans-Siberian Orchestra. All their albums are conceptual, as is the album Thane To The Throne by Jag Panzer
Mars Volta:
Deloused
Frances the Mute
Bedlam in Goliath

The Dear Hunter:
Entire Discography

Protest the Hero
Kezia
Fortress (sort of)

Coheed and Cambria
Entire Discography

Dream Theater
Metropolis part II

Fall of Troy
The Phantom on the Horizon
Ghostship Demos

Between the Buried and Me
Colors (sort of)
Quote by The 6th String
Hey all. I'm a huge Mastodon fan, and alot of their work is story driven (Leviathan = Moby Dick, Blood Mountain = Finding the cure for lycanthropy, Crack The Skye = Czarist Russian Mystic) and i am fascinated with a good story. Can anyone recommend a good album or artist that has a really cool story to it?

I thought Blood Mountain was about climbing a high mountain for the crystal skull, which takes you to other worlds?

Anyway check out albums by Pink Floyd, Mars Volta, Alice Cooper, NIN, Opeth, Frank Zappa.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I have some concept albums and story albums

Weezer - Pinkerton
That Dog - Totally Crushed Out
Green Day - American Idiot
Fountains Of Wayne - Welcome Interstate Managers
Liz Phair - Exile In Guyville

theres also stuff like Pink Floyd, Styx, and The Who
Last edited by weezergeek182 at Mar 10, 2009,
-Thrice's The Alchemy Index are four EPs that represent the four elements: fire, water, air, and earth.

-Radiohead's Kid A is about the first clone. How has this one not been recommended yet?

-American Football's self titled album isn't exactly a concept albums, but it seems like all the lyrics are about a relationship and all the emotions attached to it that takes place during the summer. It basically tells a story.

-Circle Takes the Square's As the Roots Undo is an album about someone on the path to self realization, eventually ending up in the same place he/she started.

-Converge's Jane Doe isn't exactly a concept album, but the lyrics are written about the aftermath of a very long relationship the singer had been through. It also seems like it's a concept album.

-Explosion in the Sky's The Rescue is an instrumental album about the band's experience when their van broke down and they had to stay in a random person's attic for eight days. Each track represents a day, and the tracks are titled day 1, day 2 etc.
Quote by Ramblin'_Man
easy star all-stars: Dub Side of the Moon, Radiodread, and Srgt. Pepper(coming april 14).

I love them.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.