Ok, well i have been playing for around 5 months but a great musician so i decided to take on the devil. I am playing the devil went down to georgia Gh3 version. i got everything before the first solos down in 45 minutes, but i just can not get any of the solos if im playing normal time so i was wondering how if anyone has played this song and can help me and give some tips. i practice 4-5 hours a day and i work on scales to get speed up and down the strings but how can i get even better to beat the devil!
Quote by neverspoiled
practice with your toes...underwater...thats why i am such a beast.

thats what she said.
practice with your eyes...under lava...thats why i am such a beast
Quote by Dying Fetus
Ok, well i have been playing for around 5 months but a great musician so i decided to take on the devil. I am playing the devil went down to georgia Gh3 version. i got everything before the first solos down in 45 minutes, but i just can not get any of the solos if im playing normal time so i was wondering how if anyone has played this song and can help me and give some tips. i practice 4-5 hours a day and i work on scales to get speed up and down the strings but how can i get even better to beat the devil!

Ok...

If something seems too hard fast, what can you do to make it easier?

I had to be a dick on this one.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
wait...r u playing on expert?
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
but seriously
not sure if you do this already, but when practicing the song, instead of just trying to build up to speed, play them faster, just try as hard as you can, it will be sloppy yes, but it loosens your fingers, and you get to the speed you want faster with a mix of slowly building up and just going faster than you can on it, seems simple but it works
Quote by Xhale1
thats what she said.

ZING!
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by zigslip
but seriously
not sure if you do this already, but when practicing the song, instead of just trying to build up to speed, play them faster, just try as hard as you can, it will be sloppy yes, but it loosens your fingers, and you get to the speed you want faster with a mix of slowly building up and just going faster than you can on it, seems simple but it works

No. Bad advice. No.

Playing sloppy will only get you to play sloppier.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
Quote by zigslip
but seriously

And when its sloppy and that builds into your muscle memory, having to unlearn it the 'poor' way just to learn it the proper way takes twice as long. This is probably the worst practice advice I've seen in a while.

(Not counting the obvious jokes)

Slow the song down, play it, and build up to speed. The muscle memory that kicks in after a while will naturally help with speed.

Please add me if as a friend I helped! (I like to think I'm a friendly person)
I refuse to help you because i hate when people put the pot icon on every thread they make for no reason.

But seriously, metronome + you = better playing
Check out my band Disturbed