I play mostly classic rock and some metal. I really like Randy Rhoades, Jimmy Page, Angus Young, ect. So what would be good? I am willing to spend up to $300.
Thanks
Radial plexitube and hot british. MI audio crunch box. Catlinbread silver kiss and supercharged overdrive. Zvex box or fock. The list goes on.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by fiend89
vintage tube screamer

Err, no not even close to what he's looking for.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Sola Sound Tonebender Fuzz, it is the pedal Page used and sounds great and enough of a range to cover Young too and probably Rhoades.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Digitech Grunge Pedal

indeed.

anyways.

any "marshall-in-a-box"should do. but the satchurator.

looks.

so.

Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.
Last edited by 5th_fret at Mar 9, 2009,
Quote by Deathcabforpat
Sola Sound Tonebender Fuzz, it is the pedal Page used and sounds great and enough of a range to cover Young too and probably Rhoades.

The Tonebender covers only a small bit of Page and it sounds nothing like Young and Rhoads.
The Fulltone OCD can get some pretty good metal tones out of the right amp; when it's drive is cranked, my Fender Bassman sounds like an all-tube Marshall halfstack (so a more metal-friendly amp would make it shine). And that's when it's running at 9 volt; if you can hook it up to 18 volts, you'd get even more distortion out of it. But without doing so I can get Angus Young tones, and it definitely covers Page as well.

I hear awesome things about the previously mentioned GT-500.
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
TUBE SCREAMER!!

just kidding

serious:

ProCo Rat

You will NOT be disappointed.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Ghold125
first, what amp are you using?

+1

Can't really recommend anything to help you achieve the tone you're looking for until we know what you are actually playing through.
Zvex Box of Rock will do the whole Angus tone and early Page kind of tone fairly well. Probably too much bottom end to reasonably really get mid-late Zeppelin tone.
buy yourself a Electro Harmonix Big muff!!! I have one and since I bought it my Boss ds-1 distortion my ibanez tube screamer and my pro co rat dont get used at all lol.
If your amp doesn't produce a good distortion on it's own (not saying you can't add to it) then you probably need to invest in a better amp first before pedals. Pedals are moddelled after amps and do a prettty crappy job of it.
Quote by mwalluk
If your amp doesn't produce a good distortion on it's own (not saying you can't add to it) then you probably need to invest in a better amp first before pedals. Pedals are moddelled after amps and do a prettty crappy job of it.

Yeah.....no
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
the satchurator's no good. maybe it's just me but...
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Hows about a Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory

With the Muff and Tube Screamer for the classic sounds, plus the DS-1 if you tweak it right. You get all you need for a hundrend bucks.
2004 Epi SG w/ "The Original Sin"
SD JB, SD P-Rails, Graphtech nut and bridge,
Maestro vibrato, 1 volume, rest disengaged.
Vox V847a
Digitech DF-7
DOD 7-band EQ
Vox AC-50 Classic Plus
One perfect fiancee..
Quote by wannaberocker19

With the Muff and Tube Screamer for the classic sounds, plus the DS-1 if you tweak it right. You get all you need for a hundrend bucks.

dude, funny joke. made me chuckle.

annnyyyyyywho, it sounds like the GT-500 or Crunch Box may be the most versatile of the pedals mentioned, so TS, look into them. ( www.proguitarshop.com ) and watch some vids.
Quote by wannaberocker19

Or you can actually get something doesn't suck. TS try this, provided of course your amp is decent. http://www.cmatmods.com/brownie.html

Basically a Brown Sound In a Box with a few tweaks. Gain range is very useable. Bottom end is tight (unlike the Box of Rock). You should have no problem getting shades of Page and Young at lower drive settings and Rhoads out of it at higher settings.
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Mar 10, 2009,
Electro harmonix English muff'n

seriously, tube-based british-voiced pedal. Can do OD, crunch and fuzz. Pretty much does all you're looking for.