Page 1 of 2
Holy shit.

These guys need a thread.

http://www.myspace.com/irepress

Simply stunning music.

I have "Samus Octology" and "Sol Eye Sea I", and both are amazing.

If I had to recommend one, though, it would be "Sol Eye Sea I". Absolutely amazing in every single way. The heaviness, the layers, the textures, all of it.

Simply mindblowing.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I'm surprised they didn't already have a thread. Both of their albums slay, I can't decide which one is better.
Is this instrumental? I havent heard any vocals yet. Well actually I did hear a woman speak a few times, but thats really it.

Either way this is some good stuff. I liked Cyette Phiur. May have to purchase Sol Eye Sea I.

Btw, what kind of metal is this? Sounds like Post Metal or something.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Last night I had a dream that I bought The Mantle on vinyl for $9.99 and it came with a DVD and shirt...

Then I woke up and life sucked.
Last edited by GBcommander at Mar 9, 2009,
Yeah, it's about 98% instrumental. There are a few vocals, but nothing that lasts long. There's a female singer on the new album.

And, to be honest, I don't know what to call it. It's like an experimental technical post metal with jazz, electronic, and other influences. o_O

It's terribly hard to describe.

Saxo-Walrus

Frankly, this band scares me...Why you ask? But you probably won't...

Anyways, because of this wave of creativity that hits me like, well...a wave, except, in the ocean. Like a tidal wave. Not a tsunami however.

It'll be ok

You remind me of a kid coming back from school, and telling his mother of how he found 20 dollars lying on the ground

These guys are really good however, it's a shame none of these bands come through Edmonton

And, yeah, same thing with the wave, for me. Except it's not as abrasive.

My wave is more like a calm, relaxing wave you can float on top of, and then you realise you've drifted 300 yards out into the sea, but you're so overwhelmed by what's happening, and it's such a powerful, moving moment, that you don't care, and just let it carry you wherever it decides to.

And, eventually, of course you die of starvation and dehydration.

Saxo-Walrus

It's like some wierd, trippy wave, that has multiple waves, on that wave, and is purple.

These guys and Acid Witch are easily part of my top 5 favorite bands...damn them and their not coming to Edmonton. Blast it, the best Edmonton had was Cannibal Corpse, and I freakin missed them too.

Shouldn't really let this die like my Abigor thread
The mere fact that Edmonton had Gretzky for 9 years should more than make up for you lacking band appearances.

But, yeah, I feel ya. Atlanta doesn't get a lot of great bands, either, besides the Scion Rock Fest, but was more a of a one-shot event.

Granted, we get a yearly visit from Pelican, Russian Circles, and a few other amazing bands, but a lot of bands just pass over the state as a whole more often than not.

Saxo-Walrus

Just got Sol Eye Sea I. This bands weird but in an awesome way... Severed described it perfectly.

Quote by severed-metal
It's like some wierd, trippy wave, that has multiple waves, on that wave, and is purple.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Last night I had a dream that I bought The Mantle on vinyl for $9.99 and it came with a DVD and shirt...

Quote by fallenangel20
The mere fact that Edmonton had Gretzky for 9 years should more than make up for you lacking band appearances.

But, yeah, I feel ya. Atlanta doesn't get a lot of great bands, either, besides the Scion Rock Fest, but was more a of a one-shot event.

Granted, we get a yearly visit from Pelican, Russian Circles, and a few other amazing bands, but a lot of bands just pass over the state as a whole more often than not.

I wasn't born then...it doesn't count

I still have to drive 2 hours to even get to Edmonton. The best we've had in Wainwright, were Ten Second Epic, and Survivor Screams. I don't even like them

But, alas...i'm not even from Alberta. I'm from B.C. haha
I found these guys on Pandora.

I very rarely use the site anymore, but I got bored and made a Russian Circles station.

I found a new band I loved with every song.

Irepress
Unwed Sailor
Early Day Miners
Don Caballero
The Evpatoria Report

The site brought me some amazing fortune.

Saxo-Walrus

So who's gonna submit these guys to the archives?

At any rate this is highly enjoyable.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
THEY AREN'T ON METAL ARCHIVES?!?!

*checks*

Wow. That's insane. I could have swore these guys were more well known.

Saxo-Walrus

Well I guess we've found a problem. Now I don't know enough to go about fixing this here problem, so it looks like it's up to you. Go forth my brother, and may METAL be your guide.

Quote by Metal Archives
Unless it's a different band with the same name, Irepress has previously been rejected for not being metal or otherwise acceptable by our rules. Therefore, your submission has been pre-emptively rejected.

Saxo-Walrus

BLASPHEMY!!

That sucks. How can you have things like Trivium and Underoath, but reject Irepress?
I know.....

I mean, Canvas Solaris has a Metal Archives page, and they're pretty similar to Irepress, in terms of their experimental edge.

=/

Oh well, we here at UG can rest assured that WE know what REAL metal is.

Saxo-Walrus

Fucking oath.

To real metal

That really doesnt make sense why their not on MA. I mean they have Rush on MA.... and their obviously Prog Rock.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm

I know, right?

I think there was an option to appeal, because there may have been a similarly named band they mistook it for, but I'm pretty sure there's only one Irepress.

I don't know. I might try again later and read up on everything.

I mean, even if they feel they have too much hardcore influence, that doesn't make sense, because thrash and death metal are more influenced by hardcore than these guys, IMO.

Which is another beef I have. The site is crammed with thousands of bands no one will probably ever listen to, unless they just want a HUGE collection, that only released a single demo, or MAYBE an EP. But they won't let a band that's on the rise, and simply fantastic, into the site?

o_O

Saxo-Walrus

M-A is weird and improperly elitist like that.

Perhaps we should make a similarly comprehensive site for all good modern music.

Liked this a lot btw, thanks.
We do have something liek MA.

It's the Metal Recommendation Thread.

But, yeah, that would be nice. I'm not saying there's something TERRIBLY wrong with MA, because it is the best source for metal on the internet, IMO, but there are some pretty outstanding faults.

Saxo-Walrus

Hey Fallen, if you get to do the metal forum rec...the monthly one with the 3 chosen people..you should absolutely do these guys. God, it's like getting high without the drugs...sorry lol...I really cannot get over them!
Quote by severed-metal
Hey Fallen, if you get to do the metal forum rec...the monthly one with the 3 chosen people..you should absolutely do these guys. God, it's like getting high without the drugs...sorry lol...I really cannot get over them!

If I get around to doing one, I definitely will get them into it.

Saxo-Walrus

Bump for greatness!

This stuff is so awesome... Its so trippy and it feels like your floating in space when listening to it.

Adeluge is probably my favorite song off Sol Eye Sea I so far.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm

I got it off iTunes.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm

This stuff is really goood. Like eargasm amazing, Thanks Jon.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi

Just doing what I can.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20

Just doing what I can.

To be honest it was Severed-metal Jon who told me about these guys but its indirectly your fault! Plus im going to chec out those other bands youv ementioned in this thread
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
So Samus Octology is pretty good, but Sol Eye Sea I is just plain great.

Thanks a lot again, OP.
I saw that too and it confused me at first, I didn't even realise what it was until I actually looked at it

It's awesome. Like Forest Gump, except better, and not Forest Gump.
these guys took my on a journey last night

what a journey it was...
YEAH DUDE
Pretty sure I've listened to them before and found them awesome.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Page 1 of 2