So I bought a guitar off of ebay, it's an epi les paul elitist custom. I've always wanted one and kept kicking myself for not buying one when they were available.

I found one on ebay that I bought, and it is equipped with aftermarket seymour duncan seth lover pickups (it also incudes the stock 50sr/60st set).

What kind of tone will these have? I play everything from metal to reggae, and am wondering if I should start pickup shopping again, if the seth lovers are good, or if I should just put the stock pups back in (as I undersand they are basically a '59 classic clone).

I currently play an epi LP studio with a gibson dirty fingers in the bridge and a dimarzio breed in the neck (and love the sounds from both). I also have a set of Gibson 498r/500t's and a Tony Iommi sig pickup in my bedroom waiting for a guitar to go into.

What combination of pickups should I go with (either some pair of all I've listed, or your own suggestion) to play everything from metal lead tones to reggae offbeat ska and everything inbetween?

Any input is appreciated, thanks!
pics or it didnt happen. a NGD thread is worthless without the pr0n
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Haha, I should've known better. Unfortunately, it's in teh mail. I won't see it until Friday.

Here's a few pics of some of my other gear (although unrelated to my questions):

My practice setup:

Loud amp in the basement:

Guitar I built from a bare shell:
(81/85 EMG's, 18V mod, tonepros hardware, etc.)

I like the Seth Lovers, but they're really a PAF clone pickup that will not work for higher gain styles are they are not potted. Regardless, I like them very much for blues and classic rock styles. Very bright sounding.

I will take them off your hands if you so wish
Last edited by al112987 at Mar 10, 2009,
Good eye The replica gibson custom was one of the heaviest guitars I've played, solid mahogany, build quality on the guitar was fantastic. Had sustain for days! I wanted to make a blasphemous guitar, and I thought a metal Gibson LP custom in all black would be cool. (Keep in mind this was before Epi brought out their 'prophecy' line)

I sold it to buy the Epi Elitist, as I just couldn't get into the EMG sound. It was a lot of fun to build, I was actually sad to see it go when the guy showed up to buy it.
Another Elitist owner? We should make a club or something. You'll love her. =)
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
I can't wait until it gets here!

There should be a club, especially since it's been discontinued... We could call it the snooty elitist LP club.

Anyone have any recommendations for a combination of pickups that would be good in an Epi Elitist LP for everything from reggae/clean/classic rock sounds from teh neck and dirty punk/ hair rock / metal lead tones from the bridge?

Thanks!
Quote by placeboeffect81
Good eye The replica gibson custom was one of the heaviest guitars I've played, solid mahogany, build quality on the guitar was fantastic. Had sustain for days! I wanted to make a blasphemous guitar, and I thought a metal Gibson LP custom in all black would be cool. (Keep in mind this was before Epi brought out their 'prophecy' line)

I sold it to buy the Epi Elitist, as I just couldn't get into the EMG sound. It was a lot of fun to build, I was actually sad to see it go when the guy showed up to buy it.

wow, where did you get that, it makes me want to buy it now and make my own, it sounds like awesome fun. Hopefully its not that expensive...
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
I got the Gibson replica from musoland, not sure if they're still operating. I'm not gonna say how much I paid for it, but I didn't think it was a bad deal. Especially after I received it and saw the quality of construction. I ended up making my money back for the guitar and all the parts I added, plus a little bit extra.

I'll say this, with everything (guitar, case, all hardware, pickups, etc. and a professional setup) the total was substantially les than an Epi Prophecy, and made the prophecy feel like a toy.

Anyone have some recommendations for pickups?