I own a line 6 spider valve 212. I was playing my electric through it and everything was working just the way its supposed to. I decided I wanted to throw my acoustic-electric through it and play around for a bit. I turned my amp off and came back to it 20 minutes, or so later. I picked my electric back up, let it warm up, flipped the standby switch on, and Immediately (I haven't even played a note, yet) static-like waves sound out. Absolutely no sound from my guitar was coming through.

I checked the power tubes and they were both purple, so I replaced them with the exact same tubes as before and still the static waves output through the speakers. The preamp tubes look fine. Both the preamp and power tubes are only 3 months old... The amp itself is only 6 months old.

I've played my acoustic-electric through plenty of amps and monitors before and everything seemed fine. Is plugging your acoustic into a tube amp one of those universal "no-no's" that you don't ever do that I apparently did not know about?

I don't know what a fuse looks like, or where it might be located, or how I might tell if it is damaged, if the fuse is the problem. Is my best bet just to take it to a tech and let them figure it out?

Thank you in advance.
I would call your tech first, lugging that thing around is a pain

Anyway good luck with your repair

edit: to the poster above me - Learn your **** before you speak.
have you swapped out a pre tube yet, just to check? Does it use an input tube, or is it just a phase inverter? You sometimes can't tell a bad pre just from looking at it. Current production tubes are a crapshoot, they can last 2 minutes, or 2 years.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
@Erock

I was thinking the same thing, that just looking at it might not be good enough justification. However, I'm going to have to wait till tomorrow to go buy a few preamp tubes. They're 12AX7s and I don't believe it uses an input tube, I know it uses a phase inverter, though. You don't think the fuse could be the case?

@Gmarkey

I've been to the tech in my current location before, and he isn't worth a dime... I'm heading home in a week, and i know a few decent techs there.

@Tatatotfolife

Don't let ignorance run your life.
Quote by DrButterfunk
@Erock

I was thinking the same thing, that just looking at it might not be good enough justification. However, I'm going to have to wait till tomorrow to go buy a few preamp tubes. They're 12AX7s and I don't believe it uses an input tube, I know it uses a phase inverter, though. You don't think the fuse could be the case?

if it's making sound, I don't think it would be a fuse. Amps usually have a mains fuse, where the amp wouldn't power up if it was blown, and sometimes an HT fuse, which cuts power to the tubes. If it's getting power, and making sound, I don't think a fuse is the culprit. I have had preamps tubes act that way when they've died however.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Alright... I fixed it so it makes sound now - but its still not 100% healthy. It wasn't the preamp, or the power tubes, or the fuse. I thought it might have been my 9V in my guitar, so I took it out and put it back in. I guess it was loose from its socket, because now sound comes out of it, but like I said, its still not the right sound. When I play a palm mute, it isn't tight and clean like I have always known it to be. Instead, it produces a swell-like sound rather than a crunch, followed by the tapering sound of static (think of crinkling plastic).

I have replaced both the preamp and power tubes and the issue still remains. The fuse looks fine, and like Erock503 said, if the fused was broken, it probably wouldn't turn on.

The tech is closed today, but tomorrow I'll take it in to see if they know what the problem is. If all else fails, it is still under warranty.