You know that awesome feeling, where you really shine when playing, a real groove kinda feeling. I just love it, who doesn't though? What things set off this for you? For me it either just happens or one day I might be having a jam that's going real well and it sets it off. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Or do I just suck at explaining, probably I suck at explaining
Lol Groove? Playing Metalcore. Well I know what you are saying, and its [metalcore] not really "groovy" but a breakdown section provides good warming up speed-wise, and then im tight and compact with the guitarist(s)
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
I know exactly what you mean!!! its just mostly when i play well. or if make one bass riff that sounds awesome. it gets me in great mood for playing. also just the feel. you can groove real well when your not just hearing the music but feeling it as well. like the vibrations from notes seem right. and it all works together
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
yeah, you kinda suck at explaining But I get the gist! I remember one time, about a year ago I was jamming with a guy I used to work with, we started off playing Enter Sandman and just went into a ten minuet long random jam, whith him just soloing over the top of whatever I was playing... It was good stuff!
If I can play loud with anything it'll get me in the zone where I just turn everything off.

You gotta learn how to feel it with your heartbeat.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Quote by deaththrashcore
Being heard.

Being noticed is far better.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Quote by COBHC728
Being noticed is far better.

This is topped by being liked.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Looking into the crowd and seeing that one hot chick staring at you and only you instead of the singer and guitarist.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Looking into the crowd and seeing that one hot chick staring at you and only you instead of the singer and guitarist.

Haha that's always nice to

and deathtrashcore are you saying I made this topic for the sake of being heard
or something? Or am I not understanding what you mean. If it means what I think
then I just found someone more cynical than myself haha.
Last edited by TimeIsTheEnemy at Mar 9, 2009,
Playing one-on-one with a drummer that I am familiar with. I love when both parties know exactly what is coming, but not to the sense of it being stale. I love when it is fresh.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
i get it occasionally when jamming. Just the feeling when everyone is suddenly on the wavelength over an amazingly cool riff or chord pattern you think "damn, THIS is why i play music". Things that help me are:
-Volume, lots of it.
-An energetic drumbeat.
-A REALLY good guitar/bass/drum solo

but really, sometimes I can have all these things and it still won't feel right. I suppose it's a state of mind more than anything else...
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Sometimes I play my bass not plugged in listening to live blues with headphones on and play along even though I dont know what the hell I'm playing, feels good man.
Quote by anarkee
When I am relaxed and enjoying myself and not thinking so hard about the music.

Silly Mod! Its ALL about the music
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
When my tone is spot-on, when I can feel the rumble, and when I play with my favorite musician friends. That gets me going really good.

Also, and this might sound a tad weird or whatever, but I often get into the groove mode when I'm playing worship music. I find the pocket with the drummer and in my church we will jam on a song for up to 20 minutes, just letting God work His way in the music. Music is a spiritual thing for me and (now this might sound really odd, but bear with me) it's the most fun and rewarding when I'm on stage and I let God play and I just kinda lay back. I've been able to do stuff I know I couldn't do otherwise in these situations and even just being in something like that has expanded my musical capabilities so much.

Believe me, when you have the right musicians and the right songs, the emotion and passion is unparalleled. There's nothing like it.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
I usually feel it every time I play. Not necessarily at first, but after I get warmed up and loose I find I can kinda absorb myself in the beat and it starts to feel like my fingers are doing it all by themselves and I'm just there to enjoy it. I'm sure I look like a complete dork, but I find moving my body to the beat gets me right there every time, physically grooving to the music. I also find clearing my mind and not thinking too hard about what I'm doing puts me there.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by t3hrav3n
When my tone is spot-on, when I can feel the rumble, and when I play with my favorite musician friends. That gets me going really good.

Also, and this might sound a tad weird or whatever, but I often get into the groove mode when I'm playing worship music. I find the pocket with the drummer and in my church we will jam on a song for up to 20 minutes, just letting God work His way in the music. Music is a spiritual thing for me and (now this might sound really odd, but bear with me) it's the most fun and rewarding when I'm on stage and I let God play and I just kinda lay back. I've been able to do stuff I know I couldn't do otherwise in these situations and even just being in something like that has expanded my musical capabilities so much.

Believe me, when you have the right musicians and the right songs, the emotion and passion is unparalleled. There's nothing like it.

same for me, minus the god thing. playing with musicians that are all on the same page without looking at each other makes good music come easy.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by anarkee
When I am relaxed and enjoying myself and not thinking so hard about the music.

I have to agree. In jazz band at school the other day we were messing around with improv. and when the teacher pointed at me to solo I got tense and I could tell it just wasn't there. We did the same thing today and after I relaxed I just got into this flow where at times I wasn't even paying attention.
When not only I'm relaxed, but the people I'm playing with are too.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
when the notes that i play become "images". . . . . . . . . . . i try to stay away from the cookie cutter style. 4 me, it means staying in time with some part of the trap set(drums) i.e; cymbal, kick, tom, and within the guitarists' chord progressions. i can play songs by Mike Dirnt {sic} anyday, but i wouldn't feel too good about it. within myself; what some consider "razzle' dazzle" and flash; i would consider the "images".
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
When im the only bassist in a room full of guitarist/guitar enthusiasts haha. i stand out and i love the "omg thats sick" vibe that i always get from the others. like wow that bassist sounds really good with what im playing. also.. i love when i know what song they were trying to play, so i play the bass parts in sync with what parts they are up to.

also, when i ask a guitarist who is jamming if i can use their guitar for a sec.. then pluck away a bassline on it haha. thats always the best feeling =]
I know what people mean,like the other day, Paul, my band's drummer came down,so we had a proper rehersal, and other paul (guitarist) starts riffing, so I just start working this groove,turned on the fuzz, and bingo! We hit stoner rock gold! Then we just both started rocking this chorus lick,and the drums were crashin, was so epic, and it was all done in like 10 minutes,no thinking. no planning, just...yeah!

That's why I know Im in the right band!That chemistry, it's happened before,and the songs that come pout of it are our best!
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I find that I play most melodic [imo] when I'm either not paying attention to my playing and only focusing on the drummer, or when I have just woke up, with that groggy feeling that comes with it.

If I'm looking for rhythmic pwnage, I usually get it in a blues improvisation with my band's guitarist.
I don't know what I'm doing, but I still do it anyway...

Just for the lulz.
When I actually get to jam which is rare now since my guitarist is married now and my drummer is house hopping... Especially since the people I usually jam with are all basically on the same page and think close to the same when thinking up lines.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/