For those of you that remember my last thread asking about this, I now have rack amplification!

I took my tax refund check (along with the cash from selling almost my entire rig) and bought....

A CAE SE 3+ Pre-amp and a VHT (not Fryette -- it says VHT on it) 2/50/2 power amp. Now, I need to go buy some cables....I can't hook them up yet.

So far, my rack is up to:
Peterson StroboRack tuner
Dunlop Crybaby Rackmount
CAE SE 3+
VHT 2/50/2
(Pedal drawer):
Hermida Zen Drive
Analogman SunFace NKT 275 w/ Sundial
RetroSonic Phaser
EB Volume Pedal

On Order:
Skreddy Echo
Skreddy Lunar Module

I still need to get:
Furman Pro Factor Series Power Conditioner
ISP ProRack Decimator G
TC Electronics 2290 (if anyone sees one on Craigslist, PM me please!)
A **** ton of Mogami cables (I'm sparing no expense on this rig)
RJM Effects Gizmo
Digitech Whammy IV
Axcess FX-1 Foot Controller
Last edited by colin617 at Mar 9, 2009,
Awesome sauce! I suggest building george l cables using switchcraft jacks. Very cost effective, they sound very good and you can make custom sizes.

Once you join the darkside there is no turning back.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
sweet!!!!!
congrats man. how do you like the rackmount wah? i want one so bad but never really see them anywhere.
cant wait to hear some clips.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
When I was playing these last weekend, my tone senses just "clicked". I had tried a Diezel Einstein, VH4, Bogner Shiver, XTC, and Uberschall Blue Rev, Engl Blackmore, Thunderball, and the Mesa Mark V and none of them left me 100% satisfied (compared to trying this). I feel like I have every recognizable guitar tone from the last 40 years in these two modules.

Ch.1 is clean. Great and jazzy. Chet Atkins would be pleased.
Ch.2 is right on the edge of break up. It gets great SRV, John Mayer, and Beatles tones.
Ch.3 is heavy. GnR, Van Halen and Metallica-esque.

Of course, with a transparent OD like the ZenDrive, everything gets taken to another level. Me lead tone is to die for (or it will be when hooked up).
One hell of a preamp dude, nice.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by chea_man
sweet!!!!!
congrats man. how do you like the rackmount wah? i want one so bad but never really see them anywhere.
cant wait to hear some clips.

I love the rackmount Crybaby. Actually, I love it so much that if someone orders it sight-unseen and doesn't like it, I will pay the return postage. I was always being recommended high end Teese and Fulltone wah's that were outrageously priced. For the price of one of those new, you can find a rackmount used and have infinitely more sounds. The tweakability of this thing is unreal. I can get Hendrix and Cream sounds and with the turn of a knob, I get Kirk Hammett's trademark wah.
Congrats!

How do you like the Retrosonic Phaser? How long can the sweep get? There's one on a local used listing site for $100 I'm considering picking up.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
****ING RIGHTS!!! Finally...someone on this board knows what rack gear is all about!!!!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by xwearesinking
Congrats!

How do you like the Retrosonic Phaser? How long can the sweep get? There's one on a local used listing site for $100 I'm considering picking up.

It is a Phase 90 clone (not exactly, but it is heavily HEAVILY based off of the script ones from the 70s). Basically, when dimed, you get that vintage EVH sound.

There will be pics soon...I sold my camera in the process to obtain these beauties.
Sick! That's one badass rack!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by colin617

There will be pics soon...I sold my camera in the process to obtain these beauties.

I am doing the same....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
For those that are interested, I posted a blog outlining what this rig will consist of. Click the "My Gear" link in my sig and send me feedback!
congrats man! watch out though Matrixclaw may try to get your set up from you
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by colin617
ISP ProRack Decimator G

Wish I would have known, I just sold mine on ebay yesterday.

Quote by colin617
A **** ton of Mogami cables (I'm sparing no expense on this rig)

Consider the Lava Cable Mini ELC. All around it's a much better cable than Mogami 2524. Lava sells it by the foot so you can use the connectors of your choice. If you're bent on Mogami 2524, check out http://best-tronics.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BMI&Product_Code=CA-0393&Category_Code=GUITAR

Quote by colin617
Axcess FX-1 Foot Controller

Have you looked into some of the other high end Midi controllers such as the Liquid Foot Pro and the Rocktron All Access? Every one has certain strengths and certain weaknesses compared to the others. I have nothing against the FX-1, but consider what you want and need and something else may fit the bill better.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM