Alright, so right now I'm running a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ power supply, and it has been great to me. Silent operation, no problems with power at all, and very durable. But my pedalboard keeps growing (at an alarming rate), and I'm nearing the point where I'll need to either buy an additional power supply or find an alternative. The first alternative, of course, is daisy chaining some of my pedals.

I'm intrigued by the idea of daisy chaining, because until now I've relied entirely on the individual isolated outputs from my power brick. If getting a daisy chain power cable would free up space on my brick, I could run my OCD at 18volts and perhaps my soon-to-be-GASed booster as well.

But the one thing that's holding me back from deciding to daisy chain my pedals' power is a seemingly irrational fear that somehow it will decrease the quality of my pedals' sound, or somehow make the power less reliable.

So, tell me; am I crazy to have this fear of daisy chaining? Should I just go for it? Or do I need to buy another power brick to keep the quality of electric power I've grown accustomed to?

(btw I'm almost positive that my irrational fear has no basis; most of what I'm looking for is confirmation as to that fact)
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
Quote by Denthrare
Alright, so right now I'm running a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ power supply, and it has been great to me. Silent operation, no problems with power at all, and very durable. But my pedalboard keeps growing (at an alarming rate), and I'm nearing the point where I'll need to either buy an additional power supply or find an alternative. The first alternative, of course, is daisy chaining some of my pedals.

I'm intrigued by the idea of daisy chaining, because until now I've relied entirely on the individual isolated outputs from my power brick. If getting a daisy chain power cable would free up space on my brick, I could run my OCD at 18volts and perhaps my soon-to-be-GASed booster as well.

But the one thing that's holding me back from deciding to daisy chain my pedals' power is a seemingly irrational fear that somehow it will decrease the quality of my pedals' sound, or somehow make the power less reliable.

So, tell me; am I crazy to have this fear of daisy chaining? Should I just go for it? Or do I need to buy another power brick to keep the quality of electric power I've grown accustomed to?

(btw I'm almost positive that my irrational fear has no basis; most of what I'm looking for is confirmation as to that fact)

I'm in the same boat as you, I just set sail a little earlier. I have a PP2+ and a One Spot. Because of the size of my pedalboard, I have to turn a lot of my pedals sideways. This really makes it difficult to use a daisy chain for me. In terms of the quality of effects and noise, it's completely fine. If you have a really organized board it would be a good option.

That being said, I'm getting another PP2+ very soon. If I'm going to cheap out on parts of my board, it's not going to be the thing that supplies power to all my pedals.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
My last pedalboard rig was powered using a PP2. My current pedalboard rig is daisy chained. I've experienced no problems whatsoever.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM