I might have missed the hype bus on this one, but it seems like the perfect amp- the Mark I, IIC+, and IV combined!

Has anyone tested one out? Are they even in production yet? Are prices available?
Quote by bulletrocks522
I dont think their in production yet. Prices are 2000$ for the head and 2200$ I think for the 1x12 combo.

Are the short chassis heads usually less expensive than their larger counterparts?
This amp is going to be pretty killer. Not only some of the best high gain tones, but some of the best classic rock and clean tones you've ever heard....welcome to heaven boys!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
It is nice. I played on for awhile last week and could get some heavenly tones. Unfortunately, it has the same problem that all Mark Series amps do: no MIDI capabilities (a la the VH4)! Seriously, if you have all that versatility....why not?

But the Mrak V is a steal for the price to capabilities ratio.
Quote by colin617
It is nice. I played on for awhile last week and could get some heavenly tones. Unfortunately, it has the same problem that all Mark Series amps do: no MIDI capabilities (a la the VH4)! Seriously, if you have all that versatility....why not?

But the Mrak V is a steal for the price to capabilities ratio.

I really don't know what you're talking about Mesa allows for external switching. Essentially, you get a switcher and run the switcher to a midi foot pedal and good to go.
i wish they would just offer a reissue of the heartbreaker.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Oh come on metalhead, this is a valid post.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I really don't know what you're talking about Mesa allows for external switching. Essentially, you get a switcher and run the switcher to a midi foot pedal and good to go.

I know....I just wish they would make it internal. Even the JVM has MIDI.
I dunno...my setup is gonna be SO simple... 3 switches to control channels, 1 for loop, 1 for boost, and then the other 3 for pedals
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I dunno...my setup is gonna be SO simple... 3 switches to control channels, 1 for loop, 1 for boost, and then the other 3 for pedals

Sigh....

Mine won't be so simple. I think I am look at around 20 switches and 3 foot controllers (volume, wah, and whammy). Yay for MIDI foot controllers!
Mine is MIDI as well... Voodoo Lab GCX switched by a Ground Control Pro.

Are you going Axxess?

I am a fellow racker...

PM sent!
Damn you and your simplicity! I guess this is what I get for having Matt Bellamy as an influence...

Oh...TS, buy the Mark V -- you won't regret it.
**** sakes.... Kaoss pad and all!
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh come on metalhead, this is a valid post.

I'm not trying to rain on any one's parade or anything... I'm just saying that I've seen at least half a dozen "Mark V" threads, all covering the topics that the TS was inquiring about.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Mine is MIDI as well... Voodoo Lab GCX switched by a Ground Control Pro.

Are you going Axxess?

I am a fellow racker...

PM sent!

Axxess all the way! I feel sorry for the tech that I rope into wiring this.

Please don't reignite my Manson/ Matt-o-caster GAS before I can finish the rack! I am begging you!
Last edited by colin617 at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by colin617
Axxess all the way! I feel sorry for the tech that I rope into wiring this.

I am just going to wire mine myself... SO much cheaper making good cable than buying it.....

instead of $700 on 3 foot monster cable....$100 on 90 feet of better quality cable made by me.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I am just going to wire mine myself... SO much cheaper making good cable than buying it.....

instead of $700 on 3 foot monster cable....$100 on 90 feet of better quality cable made by me.

I don't trust myself with it. I got frustrated programming a friends G-Major and Rocktron foot controller (user friendly, for those that don't know); I don't want to botch this.
hahahhahahah... i hear ya!
Should've included a Recto circuit channel :P
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.