I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, but we're all musicians right?

Well... lately, and I mean the past month or so. I've been playing guitar less and less. I used to play it more than anything. It would take a crowbar to get me off of it. But just recently I seem to have lost inspiration. I don't feel i'm progressing technically at all, and, if anything, it seems my sweeps and tapping have gotten sloppier! Nothing really seems to catch my imagination like it used to, and my riffs and stuff I come up with are just... bland and unnoriginal.

Before this whole incident, I was a riff making machine. Literally, everyday I would have at least two insane riffs written that I would turn into a song eventually and then write some more. But i've been working on an epic (So far it's at about 9 minutes) and i've run out of ideas to do. And every idea I do get is either far too complicated for me (only been playing 2 years) or I can't figure it out and get frustrated. Or there isn't a guitar nearby. Or it just sucks.

Because of this lackluster riffage i'm coming up with and my very sporadic practicing now, i've lost my passion for this instrument that I used to love. I almost have to drag myself to play it everyday, but some days I don't because I don't want to be disappointed in myself. And it really sucks because when I talk about it to my friends, I get so excited to play it, because I miss it, and then I pick it up and just... nothing. Granted, I do write the occasional good riff, but that's only every now and then.

We're all musicians, so we've all hit this part of out playing. I'm sure even Bach or Mozart had this problem eventually! But I want to know if there is anyway to get out of it? Or is it just a "give-it-time" thing? I really want to get out of this phase, for music is my passion in life. That's what I want to do as my career... I just need to get out of this first.

Part of it's probably my amp too... my "good" or better, I should say, amp is broken so i'm back to my crappy First Act starter amp. Stupid bad tone...

tldr;
Lost inspiration and passion, need help getting out of this stump.

Any advice?
Set a challenging goal and try to achieve it. Maybe try learning the hardest Dream Theater song out there.
A similar case occurred, and is occurring with me. The only thing I can recommend is MAYBE take a break, go out, and meet more musicians to challenge you and encourage you to play more. Maybe with that, you'll realize how great the instrument is once again!
this might be anti-climactic, but:

don't try too hard, don't have huge expectations for your songs, just have fun and play what you like.

I know that sounds generic, but its true. People think that there is some kind of 'swing' that artists get into, but I think it is just a fact that you will not always meet your expectations. If you are trying to write "epic" songs by some weird, external standard, then you will be disappointed. Maybe you will write one and be happy about it which is cool but you are just asking for an up-and-down rollercoaster ride. And that's what some people like, but its good to know what you're getting yourself into.
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
Quote by zipppy2006
this might be anti-climactic, but:

don't try too hard, don't have huge expectations for your songs, just have fun and play what you like.

I know that sounds generic, but its true. People think that there is some kind of 'swing' that artists get into, but I think it is just a fact that you will not always meet your expectations. If you are trying to write "epic" songs by some weird, external standard, then you will be disappointed. Maybe you will write one and be happy about it which is cool but you are just asking for an up-and-down rollercoaster ride. And that's what some people like, but its good to know what you're getting yourself into.

That's exactly how I wrote my 'epic' song I talked about. I just let it come. I've been taking a break to let my creative juices get flowing again. That was before, as stated previously.
cool dude, that's where my stuff comes through too.

If you are just 'letting it flow' then nothing can go wrong! I feel like letting it flow entails not being overly critical of what comes out, so you can't get upset.

That being said, maybe you just need a break like he said. Also, it is sometimes good to slow it way down and LISTEN to every note and really try to dig into the music. Then I usually work myself back up from there, or you can just stay there too, it can be fun. Good luck
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
Maybe you should stop writing for a little while and just improvise whatever you feel like playing. It might relax you a little bit.
Fender Tie-Dye Stratocaster
Charvel So-Cal (Dimarzio Air Norton and D-Sonic)
Minarik Inferno (SD Pearly Gates and Custom Custom)
Guild GAD-C3 (A flamenca negra)
Yamaha FG433S (A steel-string acoustic)

Egnater Tourmaster 4212
Peavey Rage 158
I became horrible depressed at one point about three months ago, but then i heard the greatest song in my opinion, "The Legendary Theme." Soon afterward i thought that i HAD to learn it. I became so obsessed with it that i actually wrote one of the few tabs for it and have been on a tabbing marathon ever since. Find a song that just works for you, and if you wanna hear The Legendary Theme just go to my Profile i have it there on my playlist. Also inspirational is Jessica