As the title says, they're bringing out a movie of Devil May Cry

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0932986/

That obviously doesn't help at all

Who would the pit like to see play Dante?
Do you think it would be an animated 3d movie or a real time one?

Discuss possibilties plz.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
it better be 3-D.

no one can be as cool as dante. EVER

EDIT: \/ great minds think alike, eh?
Quote by thanksgiving
That is quite unique...

Quote by navarreguitaris
What? She said "just solder it back together"?

Quote by JacobTheMe

"Hey guys check out this cool penis!"

LOL
Last edited by dethklokrulz! at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by imdeth
I'm hoping for CG. I don't think anyone will be able to pull off Dante.

i could do it...
Quote by jwade456
i could do it...

Same

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
they shud get sam jackson to do dante
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by entity0009
From my experience, most films based on games fail miserably.
+1
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
CG cuz live-action would be pretty lame.
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
i hope its a joke. it would be bad imo...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I can't picture anyone being Dante

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by entity0009
From my experience, most films based on games fail miserably.

I thought RE: Degeneration wasn't bad. Much better than the other three. I mostly agree though.
Can anyone imagine George Clooney as Dante?

I sure can.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by imdeth
I thought RE: Degeneration wasn't bad. Much better than the other three. I mostly agree though.

True actually, some of the RE films aren't that bad, if you like gratuitous violence. But for example the BloodRayne films are terrible. This guy should be shot.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within and Final Fantasy Advent Children are two great films.

There is a reason why so many video game movies fail though, and it is simply because the producers are just looking to get money. They know that the game was a success, so they figure anyone who likes the game will like the movie. It is when the producers actually are trying to build upon the game series with actual plot that these movies come out good.

Did anyone see that Doom movie? NO plot, LOTS of action, which is the recipe for a money making bad movie.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Capcom Employee: Hey Present-san, you know that game franchise we have that is based on really really lame american horror movies with the cheesy acting from the 1950's? what if we make it into a movie?
Capcom Present-san: well, is certainly won't be lame because the story is just like those lame hollywood movies with the cheesy acting!

what I am trying to say is, DMC has no substance to the point where it just rips ideas from anything it can get it's hands on. It's embarrassing.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Video game movies have gotten a bad reputation because of lousy directors (Uwe Boll, I'm looking at you), lousy producers, and lousy writers getting attached to the projects in order to make a quick buck. Too often, people trying to be "creative" with the movies end up removing and/or corrupting everything that the fans loved about the game, if those elements can even translate to the big screen.

I loved Final Fantasy: Advent Children (and I loved the Mario Brothers movie for the same reasons I loved Plan 9 from Outer Space) but that's it. The DMC movie will be awful if those involved try to "reinvent" the characters and storyline. It only has a chance if there's an actor who can capture Dante's smart-assy-ness and a plethora of stylish, well shot action. I'm not optimistic.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Quote by ScottElwood
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within and Final Fantasy Advent Children are two great films.

There is a reason why so many video game movies fail though, and it is simply because the producers are just looking to get money. They know that the game was a success, so they figure anyone who likes the game will like the movie. It is when the producers actually are trying to build upon the game series with actual plot that these movies come out good.

Did anyone see that Doom movie? NO plot, LOTS of action, which is the recipe for a money making bad movie.

I have the Doom movie.

I loved the final fantasy ones just because they're final fantasy. They are just amazing.

Doom had a pretty cruddy storyline. The best part about it was the First Person Sequence. I thought that was pretty cool to be honest.

Quote by Våd Hamster

What about the Halo movie coming up? I mean it's gotta be good. If it isn't then I'm going Chuck Norris on their ass.
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
Quote by shanglejr11
What about the Halo movie coming up? I mean it's gotta be good. If it isn't then I'm going Chuck Norris on their ass.

Movie?

Quote by Våd Hamster

Yeah I'm pretty sure. I'll have to look it up again....

Nope production got canceled, but they're doing a film adaption on Halo: The Fall Of Reach, it's the book before the first game.
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master