Need a new guitar.

Gibson Les Paul Faded
Gibson Explorer Faded

i play through an app called Amplitube 2, i will be playing a lot of Coheed. As well as some pink floyd, zep, rhcp, rise against, ect. Main focus is that i want a guitar i can get great Pinch Harmonics out of! Burstbuckers Vs 500t
Quote by KobiGirreven
Need a new guitar.

Gibson Les Paul Faded
Gibson Explorer Faded

i play through an app called Amplitube 2, i will be playing a lot of Coheed. As well as some pink floyd, zep, rhcp, rise against, ect. Main focus is that i want a guitar i can get great Pinch Harmonics out of! Burstbuckers Vs 500t

Gotta go with the Les Paul on that one.

And like that other guy said, pinch harmonics are more technique and I can do them on an acoustic lol.
explorer
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\
Which LP faded are you talking about? The Studio faded or the Standard. I really liked the faded Standard I played, the Studio not as much, but it's still a good guitar.
Explorer for the music you mentioned. I can see where you're going with the pinch harmonic sound, also, and it screams Explorer. You can, of course, do a good pinch harmonic on a Les Paul as well, but on an Explorer it will sound even better, if I understand where you're going. Explorer is just hotter

I have both, this is what I think (although a Deluxe is probably less 'hot' than a standard Les Paul).
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Didn't they cut the Faded Explorer?
But yea the 500T is a nice, dirty pickup. My V has one in it and I love it, it pulls off harmonics like no other
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Les Pauls and Explorers aren't that much different, really just the shape. Either will do for Coheed and those other bands (RHCP depends what song)

I say Les Paul, but that's because I prefer LPs over Explorers.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
ya harmonics just seam to scream on Expl. there is one faded explorer left that i have found and i like it but wouldn't get to play it because i would be ordering it over the internet, the lp is a faded studio, not quite sure. Also i have been going back an forth between a PRS singlecut SE and Minarik Lotus. So many choices.
It's hard for me to give a good response. My explorer has minihumbuckers. Both of my Les Pauls are in pieces.

I've always been able to get a good solid pinch harmonic out of Les Pauls though. Zakk wylde has no problem with it either.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
size, affects weight, so, who's the bigger one?

EXACTLY!

the explorer is quite bigger, so it means, its heavier.

ever thought a les paul is quite heavy for you?

well, try the explorer,. hope it works for you.
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
Quote by cajun_prince
size, affects weight, so, who's the bigger one?

EXACTLY!

the explorer is quite bigger, so it means, its heavier.

ever thought a les paul is quite heavy for you?

well, try the explorer,. hope it works for you.

Usually Les Paul's have the maple cap which adds a good deal of weight. Not to mention the Les Paul has less surface area, and a lot more wood around the pickups, and hardware.

They're about the same weight, if Les Pauls don't weigh a hair more.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Usually Les Paul's have the maple cap which adds a good deal of weight. Not to mention the Les Paul has less surface area, and a lot more wood around the pickups, and hardware.

They're about the same weight, if Les Pauls don't weigh a hair more.

+1

Also I find that explorers tend to balance out better and are more comfy sitting down.
I'd say the Les Paul is heavier than the Explorer, but the Explorer has more wood; both factors affect the sound in different ways.

To whoever said they are practically the same guitars, well, no.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73