How come in the D# aeolian scale, instead of F, the note is an E#? I thought E# didn't exist.
Quote by TatarSalad2
Then how come we just don't say F instead of E#?

because if you say F then F# when learning the scale it puts two F's into the scale and no E...so in technical terms it is E# cause it is enharmonically equivelent to F
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
I guess i will simplify it. I believe Pac man had it right. how confusing would it be trying to name the notes of a scale to another musician and list for example 2 e's and 2 b's?
Because the scale/mode is diatonic, you can't have the same note name (F and F#) in the scale twice.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
Because the scale/mode is diatonic, you can't have the same note name (F and F#) in the scale twice.
That.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by Deep*Kick

This.

Think of it simply like this - the key sig (the key sig for F#-Major) has an F# in it, The key sig tells you what notes are raised/made flat. So if it has an F#, in the key sig, you can't play an F, because the F is already raised to F#. The only alternative is to use the enharmonic equivalent, E#........
you have to name every letter in a scale. it'd be D# E# F# G# A# B C# D#
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
I would be really thankful if someone could point me to a tutorial with this stuff. You know, a bit of scales practice and the theory behind it? I hardly know what a box is and such.
Quote by Arzei
I would be really thankful if someone could point me to a tutorial with this stuff. You know, a bit of scales practice and the theory behind it? I hardly know what a box is and such.

I know what a box is they are sweet... mostly

Seriously though, try this http://www.theorylessons.com/modal.html

Start with the Circle of Fifths and move to modes..... plenty of stuff to keep you busy.
I try not to think to deep into that stuff. if its says E#, i know it means F and i know where its at. don't give yourself headaches
Quote by AussiePGFan
I know what a box is they are sweet... mostly

Seriously though, try this http://www.theorylessons.com/modal.html

Start with the Circle of Fifths and move to modes..... plenty of stuff to keep you busy.
Thanks mate, I'll definitely plow through that.