This is my girlfriends pops guitar. Its really old like 50 years plus. It had regent on the headstock, and it has a hollowbody. It has what looks like p90 or bigger single coils. Two knobs, and two switches, I think they might be switching phasing in and out maybe? Here's some pics:

Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Some at the "ask an expert" site had this to say:

It's one of zillions of very inexpensive, very cheaply-made instruments imported from Japan under umpteen different names, probably in the 1960s, 1970s, or later. The brand name Regent may be that of the importer/distributor rather than the actual maker. A screwed-on pickguard is usually a sign of a cheapo. Are the white painted stripes supposed to look like binding? If so, that's another sign of a cheapie.

Does it play in tune? Attics are very unfriendly to guitars because of extremes of summer/winter heat and cold, and humidity and dryness.

These kinds of guitars were even cheaper copies of the cheapest beginner models made by American companies like Kay and Harmony's lowest priced line, Stella, and drove those companies out of business in 1968 and 1975 respectively.

It might make a nice wall decoration, but don't waste your time taking it to Antiques Roadshow. If it sounds and plays OK, go for it, and have fun with it. It doesn't have to be valuable to be cool.
This may or may not help you:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Guitar-General-649/Regent-guitar.htm

The "expert" said that "Regent" guitars were not so much a brand as the name of the importer who brought in inexpensive guitars from Japan, but he dated them only back to the late 1960s or early 1970s.

You might contact him and see what he says- especially if you also can find things like the serial #, and if it looks to be better made than the one he was describing.

Edit: same expert as the one quoted above.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 10, 2009,