Poll: Which of the following is a better option?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which of the following is a better option?
Line 6 POD XT Live
20 100%
Boss GT-6
0 0%
Digitech GNX3
0 0%
Voters: 20.
The title says it all. I can't decide whether I should buy the XT Live or the GT-6 or a GNX3. The styles I play are mainly shred, black metal, thrash metal, and some blues. I want to know which is a better overall pedal in terms of effects, amp models, wah models (I am really concerned about theses), and which one is more likely to give a good solo setting. PLEASE DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYTHING ELSE>
I would say the POD live is the best out of those three.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
i use the gt-8 myself and it is really good once you know how it works, don't know for the 6 though
I haven't used Boss GT-6 or Digitech GNX3 much. But wasn't very impressed with the GNX3 in all it had nice clean sounds but the distortion effects were pretty cruddy. I personally owned a POD XT live & now own a POD X3 LIVE and they are both great machines I can vouch for them both. You can find tones with the greatest of ease & mod them via computer. I find most people that bag the XT is that they never adjusted the output feature If you run one of these into a stack I recomend go into the FX Return then tell your POD XT/X3 that is what you have done that way it bypasses your tone controls then you start to get the real magic. another hint is to use some good headphones then match your amp sound with them. I bought the X3 last year and when I play gigs I plug direct to the pa and just use foldback monitors on stage NO MORE AMP~~ I've had people comment on my killer tone. I use either use my Variax 700, Gibson Firebird or Fernandes Revelle. I also have 2 killer stack that never get used!! Marshall valvstate 2000 - JTM Marshall Major 200 (model 1969)

If you like to know anything about the pod XT or X3 let me know
Last edited by Clinical Notes at Mar 10, 2009,
same with my gt 10
Peavey XXX
B-52 AT 100
Peavey XXl cab
Boss Gt10
Jackson dinky
PRS Paul Alender SE
PodXT Live without a question. Anyone who says they're no good for gigging is wrong. I've been looking for a new head to pair with my Peavey JSX cab, in the meantime I picked up a PodXT Live for rehearsals and gigs. I've been plugging directly into the PA. If you know how to EQ the amp models, it sounds great in any application.
Quote by Guitarmiester
PodXT Live without a question.
+1.

The only reason to consider the GNX is for the workstation features. And even then the GNX4 is a better unit to look at.
Well which of them is the most user friendly, and do I need to purchase any software separately to edit the effects on a computer or does it come with any of them?
XT Live isn't really plug and play to get good tone and the software is a free download from line6 for computer editing. Great unit though.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Both the X3 and the GNX4 has excellent software for editing the FX. Both free. The GNX4's recorder is a real boost to your creativity, as it encourages you to jam along with yourself.
Quote by fly135
Both the X3 and the GNX4 has excellent software for editing the FX. Both free. The GNX4's recorder is a real boost to your creativity, as it encourages you to jam along with yourself.

That's good to know but neither one of those is available to me. Only the XT Live and the GNX3, so which is do you think is better in terms of tone.
Quote by Amer91
That's good to know but neither one of those is available to me. Only the XT Live and the GNX3, so which is do you think is better in terms of tone.
Go with the XT.