I've just finished learning Machine Gun by Jimi Hendrix and this has coniciding with a small part of my guitar breaking (it's a beginner guitar). Rather than send it off to get fixed i'd rather just buy a new one.

I dont know much about buying a guitar and the guitars i have gotten were gifts. I hate buying things only to find they are obsolete and so i was wondering if you guys can reccomend any guitars or types of guitars.

- Budget is not a problem.
- Im addicted to Jimi Hendrix, and my guitar has been tuned half a step down for the past 6 months.
- I've also been interested in playing queens of the stoneage and mettalica.

Any constructive comment is greatly appreciated, thanks.
I'd go for a fender strat/tele, but if you're looking at doing some metallica and heavier stuff, you might want to consider getting something by esp.

edit: a guitar won't become obsolete. don't worry about that.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
Last edited by Wicked Rose at Mar 10, 2009,
For your use, i would recommend getting a guitar with humbuckers. Even though Hendrix used single coils humbuckers would not sound stupid. And as far as metallica goes, a bridge humbucker is a must. Try out some diffferent models, gibson, esp and stuff down that line. Then find what you like the most
Quote by Danyg
A HSS strat might be the best for you.

This
And you could upgrade the humbucker if you want too
HSS strat with coil split on the humbucker.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Thanks,

Whats a HSS stratocaster? Does it indicate a single coiled humbucker? How do i identify one?