OK im on a ****ty budget : /

I have like £300, and i want an at least decent guitar, I know im not going to get something pro, i just want something that wont be classed 'rubbish'.

I live in UK ( £300) here's two sites ( second one a lot better)

http://www.gear4music.com/

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/

If some one could maybe look through see if there's anything good?

I'd appreciate it a lot

Thanks, Ben.
You thought of going second hand? You can get a decent guitar for £300 second hand...
I spose but i don't really know where to go for second hand :P
Well there's eBay but i kinda don't trust eBay for poem reason ;P
What style of music do you play?

Schecter seem to get good reviews.

Have a look here
Gear:
- Yamaha RGX121D in black
- Schecter C1 in white
- Marshall Valvestate 8080
- Roland Cube 20x
- Zoom G1X
- Guitar Rig 3 (for practicing )
I play Mostly Metal, Some Rock / Heavy Rock ect..
And im looking at that now thanks.
Woah, wait a minute, what amp do you currently have?
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
A rubbish one with a pedal so i get alto of distortion / tone, My dad is sorting a good amp out i think a line 6 some thing or other.
Quote by benmcele
A rubbish one with a pedal so i get alto of distortion / tone, My dad is sorting a good amp out i think a line 6 some thing or other.

Line 6, huh? If there's a "Spider" in the name then do yourself a favor and spend that money on a good amp, namely THIS
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Yeh it does, luckily he aint bought it, i guess ill show him that one.
But ermmmmm what about the guitar anyway, its the main issue ;P
Go down your local music shop and try everything in your price range and see what you like.

I seriously wouldn't write off ebay though - I got my tokai and my ibanez from there, both within your budget (my rg was only £100) - and they are great. No problems. People normally seem to sell kit for about 1/2 what they bought it for. You do have to check the sellers feedback though - and restrict yourself to ones reasonably local to you, so even if you can't get there to try it out before the end of the auction, you can go to collect it in person - which means you can try it out then, and if it doesn't match the description you bought it against you can turn around and leave without handing any money over.
I'm really liking look of some Schecter now, because they have good reviews and are in my budget. And yeh i think ima check my local shop,

Thanks alot ;D
If I was you I'd go down my local shop with NO mechanism of paying - that way you can try them all out, work out what you like, then come back and get a sanity check before you part with your cash.
You need to find a guitar shop near you with plenty of stock in. The way you can try various guitars to see which you like the look , sound and feel of. If you are not too confident take someone with you who is more experienced in guitars. At around £300 you should be able to pick up something good. Just make sure you don't limit yourself by guitar type and brand as you will be surprised what you can end up getting.
Though honestly, look at Washburns. Specially in the UK. The prices are cut down by about half. The quality is incredibly.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Indeed. And in the States, I believe the cost around 600 or 700? The list price on the Washburn website is $1149 I think.
Honestly, I think its the best in terms of hardware. Locking Grover 18:1 tuners, and a pair of Serymour Duncans...that's pretty nice for only 300 quid.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
Though honestly, look at Washburns. Specially in the UK. The prices are cut down by about half. The quality is incredibly.

X50

I've heard good things with these also.
Gear:
- Yamaha RGX121D in black
- Schecter C1 in white
- Marshall Valvestate 8080
- Roland Cube 20x
- Zoom G1X
- Guitar Rig 3 (for practicing )
Check out the brand vintage... they make really good guitars for less than £300.
Get the icon series
X50Pro's are awesome - but good luck finding one in stock. Took me from November to a couple of weeks ago.