I need a metal pedal while I'm saving for a Mesa stack...

I'm just wondering, from the demos I've heard the Tonecore sounds a lot heavier and more versatile but of course those demos can be decieving.

The thing is, the shops here only have the metal muff so I won't have a chance to try the tonecore before I buy so I'm wondering what you guy's opinions are?

I want it for Meshuggah and Necrophagist kind of music down to like Megadeth rust in peice kind of sound.

EDIT: I think it's the Uber Metal I'll be getting. I didn't realize "tonecore" is like the brand...

Thanks!
Last edited by riggermortis at Mar 10, 2009,
I've heard that the Uber Metal doesn't do anything but Pantera... so the metal muff might be a better option. Or just don't buy it and be $100 closer to a Mesa.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Yeh, I was thinking I could just wait... It's just that at the moment I only have a Zoom distortion :\ which is just... ya know, ****! No matter what I try it sounds like a rainstorm of white noise.
Digitech Hardwire Metal Disto.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I'm just watching some hardwire videos now. Looks amazing! It ****s on Metal Muff o_O

I'll probably just go for that... Unless someone can recommend something better... :p

Thanks theoreticmusic!
what's your amp?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I would go with the digitech hardwire, I really love my Metal Muff, but it doesn't do so great with the really tight overcompressed modern death metal sound you seem to be after.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^see that's why i'm asking what amp he's going to be using it with, because thru some of my SS amps the Metal muff sounds very modern death metal to me.

it sounds more natural thru a tube amp, imo.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

yes it does, but to my ears it still not particularly suited for death metal, as it's a bit too fuzzy.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Apologies for late reply...

My amp is this old peice of **** HH amp... It's from the early 80's. That's why I'm saving for a new one so I may as well get a Mesa (which one I don't know) so I won't need another amp ever again... And now I'm torn again between a Rectifier and a Vetta because as well as tech death metal I'm in a jazz and "experimental" (hate that term) band and I've heard the Vetta can do any sound... I don't know if I could do the same with a cheap multi effects though because isn't the Rectifier pretty much unbeatable?

Could I just get the Digitech and a Compressor then?.. Or maybe I should get Metal Muff too?..

This is why too much choice is a bad thing!!! -_-
yikes.

if it was my choice to make. i'd save the cash and continue to save for the vetta or similar.

in the mean time, if you need something for gigs or practice and a new amp is months away, then buy the cheapest multi you can find.

imo, only the expensive ones are good. so dont get a medium good one.
get a cheap one, and put up wt the extra white noise until you can upgrade everything.

you dont want to buy a ton of effects for a future amp that doesnt need them.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

That's good advice... I have a Zoom multi but I despise the distortion, I can't make it sound good! There's a Toneworks pedal though which a friend of mine has and the distortion is really good and he only payed £30 for it so I think I'll go get one of those and as you said jj1565 just wait for the amp...

Thanks!
i think you'll be better off.

trust a person who's got way too much gear.

if you get it right the first time, then you dont have to keep going back to buy more.

now get that amp fund growing!

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I just tried the Metal Muff yesterday and was blown away. It's awesome, I would highly recommend it to anyone ... it is very versatile and allows for a ton of different tones.

Plus, the boost switch is killer too!
Main Gear:
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe (Modded)
Fender MIM Strat
Ibanez Acoustic
Vox VR15

Saving For:
Peavey Classic 30
^i dont know man. that treble boost is pretty unusable, imo. but yeah i make it sound nice, thru my tube amp. glad you like it tho
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62