hey I'm building a Telecaster. Almost finished just have a few questions someone might help me with. (I've fitted the tele with jazzmaster pickups) what is the difference if I use 500k Pots over the 250k ones. Also I have a B50 bigsby how the hell are strings suppose to stay attached to it??? instructions are pretty vague on that lol. thanks.
The higher the value of the pot the brighter it will be.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
k thanks...See the confusion for me is telecasters use 250k pots but jazzmasters use 500k pots....Now I have both but if I use 250k pots on a tele with jazzmaster pickups will it sound like a jazzmaster???......MY love affair with Sonic Youth and the Pixies brought me to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P. If I use 500k pots will it sound all bright and terrible im going for a very indie rock sound so I'm not sure what pots would be best....if anyone can shed some light on this for me id be very happy. I'm use to just buying and playing axes building is a new thing for me lol.
pots are inexpensive I say buy both and see which one you like better for your setup.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
also, pics?
Quote by TunerAddict
BEST PAINTJOB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the sickest paint job in all of GB&C

Hawaiian Shirt Guy Of the Australia FTW! Club.
PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.
Australians only.

the bigsby has a slot for the strings, the strings go through that slot and the ball end of the string stops it. then the string goes up to the tuners
ah that easy...I use fender bullets which dont have the loop, bought some DR's now i get it....So would 500k make it more of a distorted sound or more post-punk style sound? anyone? :P
knowone.....see why is it valid questions never get answered but topic like "drinking before a gig" get 50 freakin replies! :P.
tbh i dount that choice of pots will make too much of a difference if i were you id go with 500k's
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.