Page 1 of 2
Awright, Pitfags!

I am sat in an internet café just minutes away from going to my job interview in Hoxton, and then I'm off to play a HEADLINE gig at the Purple Turtle in Camden- I am officially bricking it.

So I'm suited and booted and I've practiced my best 'I'm not nervous' face- now it's judgement day. Any advice before I enter the big, scary glass building?
Big slow breaths to calm yourself. Think positive, you WILL get that job!
Use the Force.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Delirium, I was wishing for a reply from you! I'm definately going to use the bass on my back as a selling point. I am a member of a band- confident, dedicated, reliable, and I am a bass player- a team player, cool under pressure (when put on the spot), and I work well with others.

Hoorah!
YOU CAN DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Be yourself.

It's all that you can doooo.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Drink a few beers before you go in, will calm you down. But take a breathmint or something so you don't smell alcohol.

Worked for me once.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Look up the brand values before the interview and then drop them into your answers.

I have to go to a job interview soon; for my own freaking job. I'll be doing that, but probably more angrily.
Quote by Finnepinne
Drink a few beers before you go in, will calm you down. But take a breathmint or something so you don't smell alcohol.

Worked for me once.

That doesn't surpise me one bit seeing your user name
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Look up the brand values before the interview and then drop them into your answers.

I have to go to a job interview soon; for my own freaking job. I'll be doing that, but probably more angrily.

I had that at Wilkinsons. Annoying thing was, they had decided who they were taking on before the interviews.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I had that at Wilkinsons. Annoying thing was, they had decided who they were taking on before the interviews.

Yeah, it's fairer than hiring external staff though I guess.
Although external staff don't know what it's like and might actually want to work there.
Neither, I was a virgin media part-timer in a zavvi concession, then when that closed I had to move into the Virgin Media stand-alone store.... they have a vacancy for a part timer there, but me and the other 2 part timers have to interview for it. Even though I don't think any of us want to work in that shop =/
Don't do what I did. When I had a job interview at HMV they asked me 'what do you think about iPods' and I said ' I hate them, overpriced for what they do'

I didn't get the job
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Don't do what I did. When I had a job interview at HMV they asked me 'what do you think about iPods' and I said ' I hate them, overpriced for what they do'

I didn't get the job

I hate Ipods too they keep dyeing on me.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Well Suzie... even though you don't like it, and you probably know this anyway, a job's a job. I held down a job at Wilko's which was sh*t until I got my job fixing watches, which is much more fun. How else will you be able to afford more tattoos, anyways?
Quote by Laces Out Danny

I hate Ipods too they keep dyeing on me.

Yeah. I have an iPod ripoff, called a Phillips GoGear. It works better than iPods and is significantly cheaper.

I wish I had the job at HMV now
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Well Suzie... even though you don't like it, and you probably know this anyway, a job's a job. I held down a job at Wilko's which was sh*t until I got my job fixing watches, which is much more fun. How else will you be able to afford more tattoos, anyways?

Fixing watches, eh? I now imagine you as an elderly swiss gentleman working in a shop made out of wood

And I knowww i need the job, it's just a pain, working every saturday and sunday, having a 22 hours per week contract *grumble*

edit: and eggo_boi, the dog are rubbish, you didn't miss much
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I'd rather that than Zavvi/Virgin
Quote by dark&broken

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Yeah. I have an iPod ripoff, called a Phillips GoGear. It works better than iPods and is significantly cheaper.

ooooh, thanks for the Ipod alternative tip....those 30 Gb ipods cost so much...I've been wanting one of that size for a long time.

there there, opputunities will come
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Fixing watches, eh? I now imagine you as an elderly swiss gentleman working in a shop made out of wood

And I knowww i need the job, it's just a pain, working every saturday and sunday, having a 22 hours per week contract *grumble*

lol... 12 hours a week sitting on a bench, charging £44.95 to flip off the watch back and replace a battery isn't exactly all fun and games either, but it's a damn sight better than stocking shelves or serving customers

It's not rubbish when one of your housemates works there and lets you take advntage of her 30% discount.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

It's not rubbish when one of your housemates works there and lets you take advntage of her 30% discount.

30%?! I only got 20.
Back in the day that is. They stopped OUR discounts along with stopping accepting student cards D=
Sorry but going to a job interview and acting all "appropriate" and conformist before a HEADLINE gig is just lame and uncool. It is a distraction and shows a lack of commitment to the band.

I don't really have anything else to say...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Touche
Quote by Laces Out Danny
ooooh, thanks for the Ipod alternative tip....those 30 Gb ipods cost so much...I've been wanting one of that size for a long time.

there there, opputunities will come

Mine is 8gb but that's all I need. Those iPods that are stupidly big, I find them silly really.

Well, no opportunities have come so far.
Quote by dark&broken

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Touche

Mine is 8gb but that's all I need. Those iPods that are stupidly big, I find them silly really.

Well, no opportunities have come so far.

8Gb is still not enough for me....

I hope there exists a music player that is around the double-digits storage spaiiizee....that's not an Ipod. I hoped that the Phillips one would be that. Turns out I was wrong.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by Laces Out Danny

I hope there exists a music player that is around the double-digits storage spaiiizee....that's not an Ipod. I hoped that the Phillips one would be that. Turns out I was wrong.

I have a 16gb Sony MP4 player that costs about £100 and is bloody good.
Quote by Laces Out Danny

I'm sorry I got your hopes up
Although, I don't know if they do any other sizes. It's worth checking out though, they're pretty good.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I have a 16gb Sony MP4 player that costs about £100 and is bloody good.

That's pretty funking sweet
Quote by dark&broken

You know, I wish there was a way to connect to last.fm or something with a portable device...that would be really cool
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by Laces Out Danny
You know, I wish there was a way to connect to last.fm or something with a portable device...that would be really cool

You can do it witb a ipod touch that can access the internet.

And I can do it on my blackberry :p
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
don't worry....be happy
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Quote by eggo_boi_15

I totally had one of those for a few years.

It finally died when I left it in the rain...for the 4th or 5th time, I don't remember.

Awesome little machine haha

as for the topic
Look nice.
Always dress one step up from what you'll be wearing at work.

Ex:
Fast food, you'll be wearing a work uniform probably of slack like jeans and one of their shirts.
So you wear Slacks and a collared shirt, or a polo style shirt.

Retail, you wear slacks and a dress collared shirt
Wear slacks or kackies, dress shoes, a collared shirt and tie, maybe a vest.

Office, you dress nicely. Dress pants or slacks, collared shirt and tie, dress shoes.
So wear all that and throw a suit jacket on top of it.

Other than that, just be honest, and stay calm.
That's the biggest thing people mess up with.
They panic and give dumb answeres
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Quote by Kensai
It's all that you can doooo.

Isn't that from a Zeppelin song?
Quote by Kenny77
Isn't that from a Zeppelin song?

You wish
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████