Which would be the best looper to go for?

I'm thinking Eluvium/Tim Hecker and I also like what bands like Jeniferever and Immanu El do. Any advice?

And what else would I specifically need here.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1018914&page=2&pp=20

The second post on that page, as well as most of the entire thread will contain pretty much all the info you need about gear for playing that style of music.

I personally like the Akai Headrush, i only played with one briefly but it sounded good, plus it has pretty nice delays too.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I've read that page over and over but still struggle to make a decision

I have 3 delay pedals already thats whats put me off going for headrush, cause then do I really need a DD3, RV3 and a memory man, I don't know.
Last edited by marklcfc at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by marklcfc
Which would be the best looper to go for?

I'm thinking Eluvium/Tim Hecker and I also like what bands like Jeniferever and Immanu El do. Any advice?

And what else would I specifically need here.

Depends on what you want to do.

For live performance and verse-chorus-verse functionality go with the Boss RC-20 or the Digitech Jamman. Out of these two, if you do any recording, the 99 save slots and the 6 hour or so recording time on the Jamman is useful (as well as the USB connectivity).

For just recording rhythms for lead work... the single pedal Boss RC-2 or the Akai head-rush.

Also, the Digitech's hardware Delay/Looper looks interesting for lead work.

Note: The Boss RC-2 let's you plug in an outboard foot switch for added functionality.