So my old ****ty Yamaha starter guitar broke beyond repair (RIP ) I cant decide between Dean ML or an Ibenez RG. Wat do u think?

Ive been playin for 6 years i want a guitar to reflect dat
Im open to all price ranges
I use a roland 30x
Last edited by Twixted at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by Twixted
So my old ****ty Yamaha starter guitar broke beyond repair (RIP ) I cant decide between Dean ML or an Ibenez RG. Wat do u think?

Completely dependent of your amp, budget, music style.

Therefore, what's your amp? How much money do you have, and what do you want to do with it?

Well im not sure which RG ya want but im guessing its the rg120. I have heard thats a good guitar, the ML is more of a starter but they're both starter guitars. I've heard good and bad things from both though.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
I play metal and im open to all ranges of price cuz im goin off to uni and its gonna be my present from mum and dad
Quote by Twixted
I play metal and im open to all ranges of price cuz im goin off to uni and its gonna be my present from mum and dad

Then see if they want to get you a good Prestige Ibanez, rike an RGA321 (hardtail) or RG1570 (whammy).

Have you played some Ibby's before though? The difference between a Dean neck and a Wizard neck can be quite unsettling for some people.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Quote by Twixted
ive been playin for 6 years i want a decent guitar to reflect dat

Time playing means nothing.

I played 6 years and could not even impress my parents with my playing, then I started to get serious and practiced hours upon hours ever day for the next two years, and, even though I still have ALOT to learn, I am on my way to playing my first live gig.

It's all about what you do with the time you play.
Quote by Scopic
Time playing means nothing.

I played 6 years and could not even impress my parents with my playing, then I started to get serious and practiced hours upon hours ever day for the next two years, and, even though I still have ALOT to learn, I am on my way to playing my first live gig.

It's all about what you do with the time you play.

I would rate my self as a decent guitarist so i want a decent guitar

check out my recording in my profile if u want to i wouldnt mind havin some1 comment on the song called MurderWack
Quote by Twixted
I would rate my self as a decent guitarist so i want a decent guitar

check out my recording in my profile if u want to i wouldnt mind havin some1 comment on the song called MurderWack

Ouch. Not the song, the song is quite alright, just... the tone. Awful...

Try your parents to get a better guitar AND a better amp!
I would look for a good ESP MH-400 or if you have the money buy the ESP-MH1000.
I have Owned Ibanez RG and Dean custom guitars, Jackson Jackson, and kelly guitars. I play mostly metal from slipknot to Black Label society, slayer to Saliva. And this is the most versatile guitar I have owned. I have the ESP MH-400 and That is all I play now. Most bang for your buck man. But if you are set on one of those I would go with The Ibanez
^ESP-MH1000 OR THE M-1000 are both good guitars
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Get rid of that boss pw-10 wah asap, it's horrible!
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by fnkycandle
I would look for a good ESP MH-400 or if you have the money buy the ESP-MH1000.
I have Owned Ibanez RG and Dean custom guitars, Jackson Jackson, and kelly guitars. I play mostly metal from slipknot to Black Label society, slayer to Saliva. And this is the most versatile guitar I have owned. I have the ESP MH-400 and That is all I play now. Most bang for your buck man. But if you are set on one of those I would go with The Ibanez

To say 'I have owned Ibanez RG's' is quite broad. There are also RG's equipped with EdgeIII's and poor, poor Ibanez pickups.

I could easily say 'I have owned LTD H's, and they're really not that special'. That's just a really broad statement; The H-50's are sucking, while the higher end, like the 1000 and 400 you mentioned can be really snazzy guitars.

Not dissing on you, just trying to extract the required information, is all.
how about a Ibanez RG350DX from what i heard it sound pretty good. any have one? How do u fell about it?
Oh sorry about that I have had an Ibanez rg1527 prestige which I sold to buy the MH-400 because I just liked it better I had an rg1570, I trade and swap guitars alot. I have had many many guitars over the years but I do believe the Mh-400 I have now is the best sounding/playing guitar I have owned other than a Jackson Kelly that I broke the neck off of a few years ago and never replaced. but would like to.
Try looking at a '79 Series ML from Dean. Beautiful guitar and plays very well for $500. I wouldn't get the one with a Floyd unless you really want a Floyd. After owning several guitars with them, they are very overrated (both LFR's and OFR's).

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-ML79-Electric-Guitar?sku=512932

The quality of the 79's is outstanding for their price. The raw materials that go into it are of better quality than Gibson standards, even before their QC fell through. The 79's have a 2 piece body where my 2003 Flying V has 3 piece. I could make a lengthy rant about this but I'll keep it with that. But my point is for half the cost of the American Gibson, you can get an imported guitar that is built better to start off with.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I relly like the RG series ibanez i have one i like them all

THEY ARE SWEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wats the differance between the edge pro, edge i,ii,iii tremolos? i found a guitar i like it has edge iii