Right now I'm running my Dual Rectifier Trem-O-Verb through a 1X12 partial open back, Avatar cab w/ Vintage 30s. I'm looking to pair it with another Avatar 1X12 cab, but this time it'll be a closed back with a different speaker. What would be a good speaker match to mesh and contrast with the Vintage 30s? They will both be 8 Ohms, so no mismatch there. Or I May just buy a brand new 2X12 from there. Here's some of the speaker options.....I'm kind of partial to the Classic Lead 80.

Celestion Vintage 30, G12H30, G12T75, Greenback, Classic Lead 80, Hellatone 30, Hellatone 60, 60L, G12K100
Type of music?

I just ordered a 2x12 with a G12H30 and an Alnico Gold in it, it sounds heavenly

edit: also, check out celestion's site, they've got some sound clips of the different speakers. Though not a true comparison and not too terribly helpful, it's still better than nothing
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Last edited by apollo66 at Mar 10, 2009,
Well the other two I wanted to see if it was a good trade and good eq settings, this one I'm wondering about speaker cabs. Don't worry your time will come man.
I play modern to hard rock. A sample of my band can be heard at www.myspace.com/tusoun to give you an idea of my sound.

Some influences are; Audioslave, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Disturbed, Collective Soul, Creed, Crossfade, Fuel, HIM, 3 Doors Down, Live, Nickelback, Oasis, Puddle of Mudd, Sevendust, Smile Empty Soul, Staind, Pearl Jam, Seether, Our Lady Peace, Better Than Ezra, Default, Matthew Good, Altar Bridge, Oleander, Nickelback, GNR, Theory of a Deadman, Day of Fire, Mayfield Four, July for Kings, Seven Mary Three, Third Eye Blind, Sixx AM and many more.

In short I'm a byproduct of the quintessential 9os rock genre......
I've got an avatar 212 with a V30 and a G12H30. It's a great combination. The guys at Avatar said about 1/2 of their 212's go out with this combination of speakers. Very versitile and well suited to the music you're describing.

-J!
Nice, so you liking it a lot? I was thinking about either getting a Vintage 30 (which I have now in my 1x12) and either a Classic Lead 80 or G12H30s for the other speaker. Kind of leading more to the G12H30s since the Vintage 30 is more mid range to highs and so is the Classic Lead 80s, kinda want something like the G12H30s to round out the bottom end of my sound.
i've heard a v30 and a G12T-75 is a good combo

the v30 has the pronounced mids/highs and the g12 is slightly scooped and a little bassier
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by mwalluk
Nice, so you liking it a lot? I was thinking about either getting a Vintage 30 (which I have now in my 1x12) and either a Classic Lead 80 or G12H30s for the other speaker. Kind of leading more to the G12H30s since the Vintage 30 is more mid range to highs and so is the Classic Lead 80s, kinda want something like the G12H30s to round out the bottom end of my sound.

I love it, and as I said the guys at Avatar do too. If you check out their site they have a great description for each Celestion speaker. Much more helpful IMHO than Celestions site.

-J!